Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X or Kronos 2 both 88key model should I buy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
videorov

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:09 am    Post subject: Kronos X or Kronos 2 both 88key model should I buy Reply with quote

I guess they don't make them anymore and can they be fixed if they break down and can you get parts.
I had a Kronos 2 88key but sold it . Im now looking to buy another one and maybe the X model with more ram and two hard drives I guess it can hold.
That would be a upgrade to the Kronos 2 I use to own.
I was also looking at the Fantom 8 but the old Kronos seems to do more.
I wish Korg was still making them.

Did they fix the aftertouch on them, some people had problems and other people had it working.
BlackForest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..keep in mind - some sound banks from Kronos 2 (i think Ex's 17+18, and the Berlin Grand ) cannot be authorized on the X. I've tried that, i have both of them. Unless you buy the sound sound set from Kronos 2.

The 2 has the same RAM size as the X - the operating system recognizes in any case only 3GB, no matter how many GB are installed .
The 2 is newer, has a newer motherboard than the X.

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXs17 and EXs18 are part of the New Kronos sound pack for the original Kronos and Kronos X so, yes, they can be authorised. As such, EXs17 and EXs18 have their own separate authorisation keys.

Last edited by voip on Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
BlackForest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello voip, maybe i wasn't too clear. I meant for free it's not possible.

Following: i have a Kronos 2-88, as well as a X73. The Sound pack obviously came with the Kronos 2. But one cannot authorize this one on the X. I've tried that.

Korg treats the included sound pack differently than separately purchased libraries (like the ital piano) I've been in contact with Korg Service Germany about this repeatedly, and also wrote to Korg jp, though they haven't even replied yet.

Am glad to be wrong here, but then Korg Germany is also wrong.

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
videorov

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackForest wrote:
Hello voip, maybe i wasn't too clear. I meant for free it's not possible.

Following: i have a Kronos 2-88, as well as a X73. The Sound pack obviously came with the Kronos 2. But one cannot authorize this one on the X. I've tried that.

Korg treats the included sound pack differently than separately purchased libraries (like the ital piano) I've been in contact with Korg Service Germany about this repeatedly, and also wrote to Korg jp, though they haven't even replied yet.

Am glad to be wrong here, but then Korg Germany is also wrong.

I guess its better to go with the Kronos 2 then like I use to have with the wooden end caps. Im a little worried if I ever need parts. I never had a problem with the one I had. Some people I know had some key issues with the spacing of the keys sometimes from the factory on a new one. I bought mine new. I would like to find a mint one if I can. I guess they might show up on Reverb.

Korg needs to come out with a new Kronos Max to blow away the Roland Fantom 8 and I think they could do it but the Fantom 8 is very powerful and is new and has great aftertouch. The DAW integration is great on the Fantom 8 something the Kronos needed.

Last edited by videorov on Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
adamburgess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing is that the actual keyed, the RH3, is used on loads of different keyboards. Spares for that will not be a problem for a long time.

It took me months to get a driver board for the display for a battered Kronos that is still in parts. But, guess they do still exist somewhere!

I've got an 88 Kronos 2 and is still going strong and is really well gigged. My 73 is in parts - but works on the bench!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: