Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Wavestate Native with Mac OS Ventura

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARK_SOUND

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject: Problem with Wavestate Native with Mac OS Ventura Reply with quote

I have updated the Mac with Os Ventura, wavestate native opens but no sound comes out, does anyone have the same problem?
thark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know about Ventura as I’m still using Mojave and will definitely not be upgrading. However, I have found that Mac OS will ask “do you want to use the microphone” whenever a new audio app is installed. I guess “microphone” is Apple’s way of saying audio interface. You must answer yes or there will be no sound. You can also activate the audio n the Mac OS preferences however I’m not near my Mac at the moment and can’t tell you exactly where.

Keith
MARK_SOUND

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thark wrote:
I don’t know about Ventura as I’m still using Mojave and will definitely not be upgrading. However, I have found that Mac OS will ask “do you want to use the microphone” whenever a new audio app is installed. I guess “microphone” is Apple’s way of saying audio interface. You must answer yes or there will be no sound. You can also activate the audio n the Mac OS preferences however I’m not near my Mac at the moment and can’t tell you exactly where.

Keith

Thanks, I'll try, but I don't think it's that, all my other virtual instruments, Opsix, Arturia and Logic work perfectly
MARK_SOUND

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway I solved the problem, I reinstalled the old Monterey operating system on another external SSD, among other things also my old but excellent Audio firewire Edirol 10 IN 10 Out, it didn't work with mac Ventura!
MARK_SOUND

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: For all those who have problems with Native and Mac Os Ventu Reply with quote

For all those who have problems with Native and Mac Os Ventura there is on Korg support how to fix, now it works perfectly

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/articles/5446641376025-On-macOS-wavestate-native-doesn-t-show-any-sounds-in-the-Sound-Browser
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth knowing thanks.

OS X, probably for the right reasons, is getting quite restrictive on permissions to certain folders.

And for my librarian software, I have had to start "notarizing" the release. To do that I have to now pay for the privilege of being an Apple Developer which adds to my overheads, and, because I am an honest developer who is not putting nasty things in his software (honest) there is no real benefit to the user, apart from a little extra confidence (but Apple do not guarantee that this notarization process has eliminated all MALWARE, just that they couldn't find any during notarization)

Sorry, rant over Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: