Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Oasys PCI Harm Visser patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exobot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject: Korg Oasys PCI Harm Visser patches Reply with quote

Does anyone have any tips on how I might get my hands on the old Harm Visser toolkit for Oasys PCI? It hasn't been for sale in ages, and the creator seems completely unreachable.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I've been looking for a while and the idea of all this untapped potential is really starting to gnaw at me. It'd be a real shame to not use this quirky piece of Korg history to it's fullest.
exobot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject: Surely somebody must know something? Reply with quote

If you do know anything about the developer or how this thing could be made available to the community, please consider discussing it here or dropping a pm. I'd hate to see it become lost in time, and it's beginning to feel like a real possibility with the community getting smaller and smaller. It's not just a question of me getting it, it's a question of preservation.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to be some downloadable files in this link. Not sure how much these files would allow you to get closer to a working package, but there are Programs, Effects, and Exciters files:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090504021259/http://www.hvsynthdesign.com/korg.php

exobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of those files, but unfortunately they don't include the actual synths, making them mostly useless. I think they do include functional effects, if someone is interested in those alone.

If that's the case and the link stops working, I have everything backed up. I also have some additional third party HV programs and multis, but those are equally useless by themselves.
exobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:39 am    Post subject: Some other things I've found along the way Reply with quote

Well, I was hoping to do this in a more organized manner at a later date, but after hitting a few more brick walls on the HV front, who knows when I'll have the motivation. Maybe a gesture of my interest in preservation will even lend a bit of credibility to my own request.

Here goes, the freeware Patches, Programs and Multis I've found for the OASYS PCI in one neat archive. Most of it isn't readily available anywhere, so hopefully it'll help some of you.

https://archive.org/details/oasys-pci-freeware

As the name implies, this is all stuff that used to be freely distributed, so hopefully it's okay to link here.
exobot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to write a proper update, sadly there's not much to report. I have found a few more people who supposedly have the patches, but the experience has frankly been downright bizarre. Some people take ages only to say they don't want to talk, others say the might be able to help, only to immediately disappear and never be heard from again. I feel like a character in a Dan Brown book chasing down some secretive cult.

Every other time I've wanted to track down some weird abandonware it's been relatively trivial. Yeah the OASYS PCI is pretty rare, but the whole thing still feels kinda surreal. Rant over, I just needed to vent at least somewhere.

As ever, any input is very welcome. I won't pretend I have the patience to think about this all too often now, but so far I've failed to toatally forget about it either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: