Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I COME TO PRAISE NAUTILUS, NOT BURY IT.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOHN GARGANI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: I COME TO PRAISE NAUTILUS, NOT BURY IT..... Reply with quote

Just bought a new Nautilus 61, as an upgrade to my Kronos, and after listening to some of the new Nautilus sounds, I just have to say, that it is a total revelation!!!!

It will take me quite a while to go through all of the new ones, especially, when you can't get enough of one of the first few you try, specifically, the Classic Grand with Strings combination.....absolutely, one of the richest piano/string sound I have ever heard!!

The sound list manual is something like 300 pages long, just about unheard of in the industry.....they have really loaded this baby with everything that was great with the Kronos, plus the incredible new sounds of Nautilus, especially, the Italian Grand, of which I truly believe is the best Korg piano sound ever created....

so: thank you Korg for a true innovation!!!
JOHN GARGANI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

87 views and no replies, but if I had complained about the board, there would have been a page and a half! LOL!
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Right

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHN GARGANI wrote:
87 views and no replies, but if I had complained about the board, there would have been a page and a half! LOL!

It is a great board! Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
hans1966

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an excellent workstation for the price!

I am considering buying mine with 61 keys soon

I choose the Peace of God!
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure it is a great workstation that sounds awesome, but the compromises are not for me, such as lack of aftertouch and fewer controls and loss of Karma. I do not use all of those all of the time, but when I do, I need them. So my Kronos will be with me for quite a while yet.

I guess if you are not starting with a Kronos bias then the Nautilus is a very attractive package.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Keys1970

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject: The Scene Feature of the Nautilus Reply with quote

What about the Scene feature of the Nautilus? Isn’t that a nice feature that the Kronos doesn’t have? Doesn’t the Scene feature make the Nautilus somewhat like an arranger/entertainer type keyboard?
JOHN GARGANI

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to Derek: I also have a Kronos 61, so I have the best of both worlds.....

to Keys: YES! the new Scene feature is terrific and adds another totally different element to the board.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just for clarification, Kronos DOES have the scene feature through Karma. Actually it's much more flexible with Karma because I can layer sounds using the second set of buttons below. Not knocking the Nautilus, but the reality is that the Kronos, in my opinion, is far more flexible for live performance.
Keys1970

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I have neither keyboard. In a store or online, I have seen the 4 “scenes” on the Nautilus: touch one of them and the rhythmic pattern and backing sounds change. So is there a difference in implementation: touch a screen/screen on Nautilus versus press a button on Kronos?
icecoldrocker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: yeppers Reply with quote

I Made the mistake of trying it out in a music store out here in texas Very Happy Laughing
I sort of slept on the Kronos when it came out after buying the M3 I thought I had future-proofed myself a bit plus I was rocking DAWs. I am missing that ribbon controller and aftertouch but mind you though I could do things with that Korg X3 and it had AT but no ribbon controller which would not show up until 1997 for me on the Korg Trinity.

The NAUTILUS is no joke I am already cranking out some material on it and it is like having a DAW realized on a synth not on a computer where the OS can change with drastic results
Korg Trinity Pro 🚀 🙂
Korg Triton Extreme 😮
Korg M3 🤔
Korg Nautilus 👑
Korg Gadget ❤️
Cubase Pro 🚀
Reason 11❤️🇸🇪
Logic Pro 💟
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm a Nautilus 88 owner who has never had a workstation before.
It's fascinating how Forum Members who don't have a Nautilus cite the lack of knobs and sliders, Karma, etc as a reason for not getting one and are generally negative towards it, whereas Forum Members who do have a Nautilus (even ex Kronos owners) all seem very positive about the keyboard (in particular for the high quality sounds). I can see both sides of the argument, for me it's a pain having a good drawbar sound with no drawbars !!
Chris
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it does depend on perspective and where you are coming from. If you start with having a Kronos and the control surface and Karma, aftertouch, etc., would you give it up for a Nautilus when you have a Kronos? for me, the control surface and aftertouch are pretty key. I do not use Karma so much, but where I do it is also instrumental to the songs that use it. This is why i said above that the Nautilus is not for me, recognising that the Nautilus may be the perfect package for others.

If of course you have started with a Nautilus first, then it could well be different.

I am assuming that Korg have done their market research effectively, and factored all of that into the transition from Kronos to Nautilus, and of course you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Out of interest, last night I went to see Rick Wakeman on his "Grumpy Old Man Christmas Tour", which was a great mix of virtuoso performance and humour, and his two keyboard rig (small for Rick) was a Kronos and a Nautilus (both 88 note versions). So he obviously likes both...

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: