Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 61 Battery Replacement Tips Wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sangria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject: Kronos 61 Battery Replacement Tips Wanted Reply with quote

I need to replace the CR2032 on an old Kronos 61. I have opened up the keyboard in the distant past, but I've forgotten how to do it. Are there any videos or documents describing how to proceed? I've seen a posting that suggested that there are step-by-step instructions in the Operations Guide, but if so, I can't find them. I've seen another posting that suggests that upon reassembly, the screws need to be tightened in a prescribed order -- is this true, and if so, how can I learn the correct order?
Xenophile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no prescribed order for removing/replacing the screws. There are a lot of them! Fortunately all the black screws are the same. The two silver ones that screw into the ssd drive rack are the only ones that are different. You don't need to remove the screws that hold the feet on the bottom plate.

When I put mine back on, I usually put the screws in opposite corners first. I think it helps me to get all the holes lined up. Also, I start by putting them all in part way, and then go around and tighten them once they are all in place.

Here is a video showing the D525MW motherboard that is in the Kronos2. Note the placement of the vertical battery holder on the edge of the board.
https://youtu.be/jf0Pdwqa4eM

Here is another video showing a guy replacing a vertically-mounted CR2032 battery, though he is doing it on a different motherboard.
https://youtu.be/B1y29EXWnbM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: