Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate getting stuck on shutting down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WitchDocta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Wavestate getting stuck on shutting down Reply with quote

Hello, I've recently purchased a new Wavestate and have had numerous times already where it gets stuck while shutting down. The LCD shows "Shutting Down" but then nothing happens after long periods of time. My remedy has been to unplug it. Everything else has been great with it. Since this is a digital synth, is there any possibility that something could affect the system if this persists?

Love the Wavestate btw, this is a fantastic synth, I've only scratched the surface and I love how much there is to explore with it.

Also, any chances of Korg producing sound expansions for the WS down the road?

Thanks!
WavyDavy1960

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had problems with my Wavestate locking up during use, and not responding to power switch.
I have a Mac Mini computer (late 2014), with OS 10.14.6

I was told by someone that it was an issue with being connected to usb.
Since disconnecting the usb cable, I have not had any more "lock ups".

I would like to see a future update address this problem, so I could use my Wavestate with USB plugged in all the time, for midi over usb to my computer software.

Has anyone else had problems with usb connections causing "lockups" or other glitches?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wavestate getting stuck on shutting down Reply with quote

WitchDocta wrote:
Hello, I've recently purchased a new Wavestate and have had numerous times already where it gets stuck while shutting down. The LCD shows "Shutting Down" but then nothing happens after long periods of time. My remedy has been to unplug it. Everything else has been great with it.

How long are you waiting before unplugging the synth? "Shutting Down" will normally show for a while.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
WitchDocta

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wavestate getting stuck on shutting down Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
WitchDocta wrote:
Hello, I've recently purchased a new Wavestate and have had numerous times already where it gets stuck while shutting down. The LCD shows "Shutting Down" but then nothing happens after long periods of time. My remedy has been to unplug it. Everything else has been great with it.

How long are you waiting before unplugging the synth? "Shutting Down" will normally show for a while.

Sorry, never noticed anyone replied to this. I have left it sitting on while "Shutting Down" for an hour or so on multiple occasions. It happened more frequently when I first got the unit (new). It doesn't happen as much now, but it does still sit there once in awhile. Are there any processes that the Wavestate does while shutting down? I know hard resets are normally not good for computers. Thanks.
rayww

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a Wavestate and I had an issue with the Wavestate locking up within seconds of connecting the USB to my Mac.

It appears the problem is related to the TCP/IP over USB that Korg use to connect to the Wavestate to use the Librarian and the Software updater.

The problem does not occur with Windows but if you have a Wavestate that locks when connected to a Mac, the Librarian will not recognise the Wavestate on a PC.

I have a tech support case open with Korg for a resolution to this issue but until that gets resolved, you can stop the Wavestate from crashing by removing the HoRNDIS driver from the Mac network preferences as follows:-

1. Open System Preferences.
2. Click on Network.
3. Select the entry “wavestate”.
4. Click on the - sign at the bottom of the list to remove the wavestate device.
5. If a dialog pops up asking if the device should be added next time it is plugged in. Choose “No”.
6. Reboot your Mac.

I am running an iMac 5k with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayww wrote:
I have recently purchased a Wavestate and I had an issue with the Wavestate locking up within seconds of connecting the USB to my Mac.

It appears the problem is related to the TCP/IP over USB that Korg use to connect to the Wavestate to use the Librarian and the Software updater.

The problem does not occur with Windows but if you have a Wavestate that locks when connected to a Mac, the Librarian will not recognise the Wavestate on a PC.

I have a tech support case open with Korg for a resolution to this issue but until that gets resolved, you can stop the Wavestate from crashing by removing the HoRNDIS driver from the Mac network preferences as follows:-

2. Click on Network.
4. Click on the - sign at the bottom of the list to remove the wavestate device.
5. If a dialog pops up asking if the device should be added next time it is plugged in. Choose “No”.
6. Reboot your Mac.

I'm sorry that you've run into a problem!
I'm wondering if it's possible that you have an older version of the HORNDiS driver installed, which might have been installed to connect an Android phone to your Mac. Could this be the case?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
rayww

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm sorry that you've run into a problem!
I'm wondering if it's possible that you have an older version of the HORNDiS driver installed, which might have been installed to connect an Android phone to your Mac. Could this be the case?

Hi Dan, thanks for responding. Unfortunately don't think this is the case. The HoRNDIS driver was installed from the Korg wavestate_Updater_103_mac. However I do have an older iMac 5k that I was using before I migrated to the Mac with the issue. Looking at the network drivers on that machine I can't see any RNDIS drivers so I am fairly confident that no old drivers were installed.

If you have access to Korg support case 3684 I have posted technical details of my investigation (I have been dealing with Saulo Valerio in the UK).

Additional information that may be relevant, I have a Kronos X 88 although since Catalina I removed the Korg USB driver on the old Mac and have not installed it on the new Mac. I also have the legacy collection Wavestation and M1 AU's/VST's installed although I guess they are not connected.
olayandac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayww wrote:

2. Click on Network.
6. Reboot your Mac.

I have the exact same problem and came here looking for a possible solution! I have had the Wavestate for a while now (about 2 months) and never had a problem until a few days ago. I just installed the new Logic Pro 10.5 trial on my Mac and that may have triggered the issue. Can you please let me know if you can find a solution?

I have Catalina 10.5.3 on iMac 5K
Wavestate Firmware 1.0.3
rayww

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@olayandac It is interesting that this problem occurred since you installed LogicPro Demo. I use LogicPro as my primary DAW. As an IT techie, I can't think of good reason why that should be the case but it is a spooky coincidence.

Korg haven't responded yet with a response to my incident. I will post up here when I have any news.
rayww

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@All This now looks increasingly like it is a software challenge. Last night I installed the HoRNDIS driver on my wife's iMac. Her machine has only been used for photography. Connected the Wavestate, it is recognised in Network and the Wavestate did not crash. Then I Installed the librarian and ran it and it worked fine. Happy days.

It looks like there is a correlation between the HoRNDIS driver, Apple's Logic Pro X and the Wavestate crashing.

I have fed this information back to Korg UK and Dan Phillips and await their response. I will post an update as soon as I receive feedback... unless Dan gets here first Smile
olayandac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayww wrote:
@olayandac It is interesting that this problem occurred since you installed LogicPro Demo. I use LogicPro as my primary DAW. As an IT techie, I can't think of good reason why that should be the case but it is a spooky coincidence.

Korg haven't responded yet with a response to my incident. I will post up here when I have any news.

Oh I forgot that I also connected a Behringer Poly D to the same computer via USB (around the same time I installed Logic 10.5). Today, I tried unplugging the Behringer and connecting the Korg only and it seems to work fine. I think there might be some sort of USB MIDI clash when both are connected. I will test further and report.
dcben

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:50 am    Post subject: Wavestate power switch Reply with quote

My wavestate is not connected to a computer. If my sequencer fails to send a note-off, I get a stuck note like any synth. However, any other synth I can just change the program and that fixes it. Doesn't work on a Wavestate because of the feature that allows the previous program to play when you change programs until I play a new note - cool feature until this happens.

Powering off and back on again should fix it, right? Except the power switch doesn't work. The only way to turn it off is to pull the power cord out of the back.

There must be a better way. Please help.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wavestate power switch Reply with quote

dcben wrote:
My wavestate is not connected to a computer. If my sequencer fails to send a note-off, I get a stuck note like any synth. However, any other synth I can just change the program and that fixes it. Doesn't work on a Wavestate because of the feature that allows the previous program to play when you change programs until I play a new note - cool feature until this happens.

Powering off and back on again should fix it, right? Except the power switch doesn't work. The only way to turn it off is to pull the power cord out of the back.

There must be a better way. Please help.

If you change performance twice, that should stop it, because Smooth Sound Transition only works over one program change

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: