Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXs321 for the Kronos & Nautilus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject: EXs321 for the Kronos & Nautilus Reply with quote

Korg Black Friday Sale 11.14-11.26
EXs321 Xpansions for Nautilus/Kronos $99.83
301MB of PCM samples,105 Stereo Multisamples, 256 Programs, 10 Wave Sequences. All programs include Knob, SW1/2, JS, Ribbon, Drum Track, KARMA & Arp assignments.
https://korg.shop/sound-libraries/kronos-nautilus/exs321.html
EXs321 Demos:
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Korg%20EXs321
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm curious as to why you posted this software on the Forum ? I believe there is currently a sale across the board on all Kronos/Nautilus software.
Chris
jackh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject: EXs321 for the Kronos & Nautilus Reply with quote

Hey there Chris,
Not all library sounds are on sale.
EXs321 is a unique library collection.
Korg Inc. asked me to create a library option of signature sounds for the Nautilus, with EXs samples and programs that can be loaded into the HD-1 engine.
As the Kronos and Nautilus both have the same feature spec, I decided to make this library option available for both products.
The KARMA & Arp assignments required extra work, but I believe that it it was worth the effort.
To create a unique sound set for this library option I contacted the best Korg artists and programmers that I’ve worked with from the M1 through the Nautilus:
John Bowen, Willian Busch, Toni Diaz, Michael Geisel, Adam Holzman, Robby Kilgore, John “Skippy” Lehmkuhl, Michele Paciulli, Chris Petti, Francis Preve, Dan Stesco, Zon Pyles, and Jordan Rudess.
I collected a few programs, and short samples from each programmer, providing good variety for this sound set, and also following the M1 voicing concept of using many short samples that could be combined easily.
I asked the programmers to try to create “single samples”, that would work well throughout the 88 keyboard note range. 
This approach creates a different “sound character “compared to typical multisampling.
I suggested referencing single sampled sounds that had been used in vintage samplers such as the Fairlight CMI, Synclavier, PPG & Waveterm, and Emulator.
Additionally, I also suggested sampling sounds with reverb or delay, which creates a unique character in different ranges of the keyboard.
Programmers were also allowed to add additional samples when necessary.
Basically I wanted the programmers to have the direction to create unique sounds no one had ever heard, and also have the freedom to provide sounds from the past, present, and future.
The current collection of sounds includes a good category balance for Keyboard, Bell/Mallet, Strings, Vocal/Airy, Brass, Woodwind, Guitar, Slow Synth, Fast Synth, Lead, Motion, SFX and Short Decay.
There are rhythmic & X-faded Wavesequences, and several Kronos KARMA assignments feature KARMA’s unique rhythmic and X-faded Wavesequences-with Pad assignments.
The Bosendorfer (Bosey) piano, and damper are also featured with this sound set. This piano is the only piano that is in the OASYS, Kronos, and Nautilus. 
EXs321 Xpansions is Korg’s largest EXi library featuring 2 Banks ( 256 Programs), 105 Stereo Multisamples, with controller assignments, KARMA, Pad Assignments Arp assignments and Drum Tracks. Most library options do not have this type of programming detail.
The sale ends on the 26th, and I just want users to check out this option if they haven’t already done so.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jack,
Thank you for the history of the EXs321 library.
Chris
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jack for all the work you put into this.
I'm listening now for the 2nd time to decide.

One suggestion, if I may -- more drum sample sets.
Kronos has some fairly good drum machine capabilities.
But the stock drum kits could use a strong infusion of samples.
There's a whole history of kits that need to be incorporated.

Many synths can easily do ambient.
So ambient is not a differentiator... Kronos has other strengths.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jack! Congrats on the new release.

SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the legendary names behind this, and the obvious care and attention taht has gone into its preparation, I’m looking forward to picking this up one I work out how I’m going to make enough space to load it!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: