Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New piano on microSTATION and other program's .pcg FREE!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: New piano on microSTATION and other program's .pcg FREE!!! Reply with quote

In the Zip file you will find 2 PCG files for the Korg microSTATION. I have offered the first one here in the past and now I have added the second one, where you will find Emotional Piano (Program number 02) and other sounds that I use in my compositions and would like to share them with you. I also worked on the Combinators, but as I changed the User sounds, they are now in a sorry state. I'll be happy to write more about the other sounds sometimes and I'll be happy to tune them for you, it's enough if you write me some feedback here, what to improve or what you would like to play for the sounds. You can use a lot of my programs on just one OSC. So you can use the PLAY/MUTE button on the keyboard deck to switch between one oscillator and the other, and you get some interesting sounds as well. EmotiPiano is a piano to inspire you and it has many colors and some that you have never used before. Knob 1 has a Pitch shifter below it, so it goes up by one semitone, but you can't hear much, so that the instrument is not very out of tune. The most you will probably use is turning all the way to the right and turning to the left, where the Resonance will increase even more. On knob 2, there is some raising and lowering of semitones, but without using the Pitch shifter, and in addition, the sound is waved, so it gets new colors. There is an EQ on knob 3, where you remove the bass to the right and add it to the left. I use EQ when I play higher notes with both hands and add bass to the left and hear the hammer hitting the strings...Try to examine and sounds that don't match at first impression, but also the Pitch shifter has the most effect on the higher notes, but on the deep ones it is reduced and this can create interesting piano colors. Don't forget to use the Knob Cutof and sharpen the sound, even with the use of the Pitch shifter. No effects or Reverb or extra compressor were added to the recording, everything is part of the program, only the microS plays.
Here is a link to Mega for sharing a Zip file with two .pcg files
In the past it happened to me that I couldn't download from Mega, it was infected, installing Add blocker in my browser helped. Then not only were there no more millions of windows popping up at me, but it was also possible to press the download button on the screen.
Merry Christmas and enjoy.

<div>arpegiator · MicroS Emotipiano</div>
KpynuH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using your sounds for quite a while and only now I can thank you being registrated here. I like your serious approach to combis and arpeggio patterns, you did a great job. Sad piano is gorgeus, one of the gems in my collection gathered from the net. Some of the weird sounds with acid influence make me seem sometimes that this is not microSTATION, but some other different synth produces them Very Happy
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I'm still doing dance music, but now I'm composing more in Reason 12, but I like to play microS and to push its boundaries as a synth machine was my dream. You're probably the only one who uses my sounds, but I like to make people happy. In fact, I'm most proud of the Shepard tone that is in the Combi User 016 and 020, where you hold a key infinitely and the sound goes up infinitely. And with the User Combi I often don't have all the sounds on . Like the CombUser021 Supersaw. I tried to simulate a supersaw here - Roland makes one oscillator into 7 osc. So I used 7 times the same sound for each channel, detuned and the result is here ( you can try to swap the sounds on channel 1 - 7, but first deliberately turn off the sounds of channels 2 -7 so you can only hear the one on channel 1, turn knob 3 all the way to the right so you can't hear the chorus and then gradually add channel 2 and more. ) and if you turn on the knob on MS number 14 and press the last key on the keyboard, the ghost sidechain will kick in and give you a bit of a supersaw sound! And that sidechain is also used like that in multiple Combi's. I can elaborate further on request. A video would be ideal, but I'm not much into that...P.S. Turning channels off is done with the Plya/Mute button and after that you can see the channels on or off next to the 1 -16 buttons and you can turn them on that way.
have a nice day

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: