Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free M1 for Nautilus - What about Kronos?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
average_male

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject: Free M1 for Nautilus - What about Kronos? Reply with quote

You can get free M1 patches for Nautilus. But will this also work for the Kronos? If not, seems support is dead for the Kronos? If it does work with Kronos, seems Korg just isn't promoting the Kronos or acknowledging its existence?

https://www.korg.co.uk/products/m1-for-nautilus
levioter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you ! Why not proposing this free update for the Kronos(es) ? Korg is totally disregarding their large Kronos customers !
Subject to follow !
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear, for the time being at least, that Nautilus owners trying to get the M1 pack are going to be disappointed. There does not appear to be any viable download link anywhere for the "M1 for Nautilus" pack. The link in the first posting goes to a page that says Product Unavailable. Has anyone had any further info from Korg on this?

There is the M1 to Klonos conversion software. This seems capable of converting the M1 Programs in SysEx to Kronos type Programs. It appears to be work in progress, and there are no multisamples associated with it. The conversion software will create a list of M1 Programs with correct names, and the single, double, drum oscillator structure is maintained, together with Filter Effect Groups, and Amplitude Effect Groups mapping, but it doesn't link any effects, and all the references to HD-1 multisamples point to 0000 Acoustic Piano, so much work remains to be done.

https://www.audiokeys.net/forum/forum/besoin-d-aide/les-synth%C3%A9tiseurs-expandeurs-et-workstations/korg/33920-klonos-m1-to-kronos-converter

average_male

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to down load after placing in card and supplying contact details through the check out process. 13.xMB zip file.
TfmxLtFred

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

For those who can wait a bit, I'm translating the Korg M1 Patches with the samples from the Nautilus M1 pack.

Some time ago on the previously cited forum "audiokeys" I had already provided the M1 patches for the Kronos for free.
I had for the occasion sampled my Korg I3 (1993) to recover the sample not available on the Kronos.

Currently I am halfway through the conversion and I am progressing relatively quickly because I only have to exchange the samples with the new ones of better quality.

So I'll give you an appointment in a few days to share this bank with you.

Unfortunately I am not available for 5 days and I will not resume the conversion until the beginning of the next week.

So if you're still interested let me know.

See you soon
FM FRED
average_male

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are saying this free download won’t work from the Kronos?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just managed to download the M1 for Nautilus pack. Interestingly got two download links, so initially thought that one of them might be for the Kronos but no, they're identical files.

Certainly interested in M1 for the Kronos. The standard Kronos has a few M1 Programs, of which the Korg M1 Piano springs to mind. The Nautilus M1 pack makes use of the greater effects capacity of the Nautilus, so may sound quite different from the original M1.

There is an M1 pack for the Krome, the sounds of which seem quite close to the original.
average_male

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: I got reports that it doesn't work for Kronos.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the Krome M1 pack won't work on the Kronos. The data structures are too different, but it was just evidence that other Korg keyboards now have the M1 pack, too.

McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male wrote:

The sample pack does. The .pcg file does not.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
average_male

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
average_male wrote:

The sample pack does. The .pcg file does not.

So what does that mean? That we can play the raw samples and not all the effects and layers applied resulting in a sound that is flatter than one should expect?
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male wrote:

So what does that mean? That we can play the raw samples and not all the effects and layers applied resulting in a sound that is flatter than one should expect?

Effects and layers are controlled by the patch settings in the Kronos. Imagine having a Kronos and all of the banks are cleared to the default reset patch. All the raw waveforms are there, but you need to program the patches to utilize everything.

You can load up the M1 sampleset and program all the M1 programs and combis to your heart's content. Or someone can create banks that mimic the existing progs and combis on the M1 and the Nautilus M1 .pcg.

Sample sets don't contain any data for effects or layers or attack or anything.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
average_male

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so the end results are the M1 download patches for Nautilus won’t work for Kronos. Bummer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: