Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate background Arp runs forever, cannot turn it off!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rcumsille

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonesForTelepaths wrote:
Thanks again BigJohn. That indeed is bad news and absolutely baffling. Not sure what is gained by not having the ability to stop the original patch from playing continuously, but if that is how they designed it, I guess that's that. It is absolutely crazy though. Only way to stop a latched patch if you navigate away is to shut down the machine? Wow Korg, wow. I don't use computer based synths at all, and I can't live with this annoyance - bad engineering irritates me. So unless a tweak gets released the WS will probably get shelved and I'll move on to the Argon8 (which really excites me).

I understand yor frustration and I think it is a glitch, same happens to me. if I start a performance with an ambient kind of sound and at some point want to switch to a bass kind of sound, the first performance never ends when it is latched, some times switches quikly, some times take longer and some never and I have to turn it off. I do not think it is related to the number of voices, but have not done a thorough validation. Smooth transition from patch to patch is great but former patch should stop at some point.
paipa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently reverse engineering Korg's serialization format (.wsperformance, .wsprogram, .wswhatever) to visualize mod matrices which can get pretty deep on the Wavestate. Based on the sausage factory experience I got (and this is just a file format, with a limited reflection as to how the synth's logical units are really structured) I'm somewhat impressed the Wavestate doesn't conk out 10x as often as it does, so discernible is the smell of legacy code and superglue.

There's not much you can do other than not poke it in ways you know it doesn't like to be poked, and accept these limitations. The bug you describe sounds so fundamental it's unlikely to be fixable at all.
Rcumsille

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paipa wrote:
I am currently reverse engineering Korg's serialization format (.wsperformance, .wsprogram, .wswhatever) to visualize mod matrices which can get pretty deep on the Wavestate. Based on the sausage factory experience I got (and this is just a file format, with a limited reflection as to how the synth's logical units are really structured) I'm somewhat impressed the Wavestate doesn't conk out 10x as often as it does, so discernible is the smell of legacy code and superglue.

There's not much you can do other than not poke it in ways you know it doesn't like to be poked, and accept these limitations. The bug you describe sounds so fundamental it's unlikely to be fixable at all.

I have a similar performance in modwave and never got the same bug.
BlackForest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not the Kronos have a time limit on the SST? Maybe it would be an easy thing to program this into the WS.

Korg, you guys around here too?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
bob63

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: PERFORMANCE HOLD BUG? Reply with quote

TonesForTelepaths wrote:
Nobody else has this issue? Anyone? Really hoping somebody here can advise.

I have the same issue. It doesn't happen everytime the arpeg is in use, but like randomly. Last time I pressed a key and then it finally stopped. Next time it happens I will take care and remember which key needs to be pressed (hoping this can be reproduced) and I'll let you know here.
bob63

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: PERFORMANCE HOLD BUG? Reply with quote

bob63 wrote:
TonesForTelepaths wrote:
Nobody else has this issue? Anyone? Really hoping somebody here can advise.

I have the same issue. It doesn't happen everytime the arpeg is in use, but like randomly. Last time I pressed a key and then it finally stopped. Next time it happens I will take care and remember which key needs to be pressed (hoping this can be reproduced) and I'll let you know here.

I use to click SHIFT+ENTER (cancel), seems to act like a reset, shutting down all voices.
jdoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occasionally, wanting to stop the ARP on a Native version performance, I will bounce to the next patch, and back. That usually quickly kills active ARPs, and is not noticable. I have forward/back Performance mapped on my controller, so this takes less than a second.. ymmv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: