Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg EXB-PCM08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Catalano

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Korg EXB-PCM08 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone:

Is there any way to still get one of the Korg EXB-PCM08 expansion slot addons? It seems it has been discontinued and I cannot seem to find it online anywhere laying around somewhere?

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Chris Catalano
insanitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EXB-PCM08 is built into the TS. There's no need to get the expansion chip unless you own a Triton Classic. You can use the installation floppy disk to load the sounds from that chip that the normal TS config does not include.

This is from the Triton Studio FAQ...

The TRITON Studio Series keyboards come with the Concert Grand Piano (EXB-PCM08) expansion
board pre-installed. The board is installed inside the keyboard so do not be alarmed if it is not seen in
the expansion bay! The TRITON Studio however, does not come with all 32 Programs and 64
Combinations that were made for the PCM08 board. The complete file can be downloaded from
www.korg.com and loaded into the TRITON Studio. This tutorial explains how to do so.
First we’ll download the file from the Internet.
1. Click on the following link or copy and paste it into your browsers address window.
http://i.korg.com/uploads/Download/exb_08_633662403028330000.exe
2. Click on the “exb_08_633662403028330000.exe” file for PC/Windows
or the “EXBPCM_08_633662403288950000.hqx” file for Mac users.
http://i.korg.com/uploads/Download/EXBPCM_08_633662403288950000.hqx
3. Download the file to your hard drive.
4. Click on the file to open it. You may need WinZip (www.winzip.com) or Stuffit
(http://www.aladdinsys.com) to open the file properly.
5. Copy the EXBPCM08.PCG file unto a freshly DOS formatted floppy disk.
Next we load the data into the TRITON Studio. For this example we will load the new data into the
Expansion Bank A (E-A).
1. Put the disk into the TRITON Studio.
2. Press the DISK button followed by pressing the “Load” tab on the bottom left hand corner.
3. Turn the value wheel to select “FDD” (Floppy Disk Drive) as the load source.
4. Select the EXBPCM08.PCG file on the screen and go to the upper right hand corner pull down menu
and select “Load Selected.”
5. Change the “.PCG Contents” field from “All” to “Bank I-C to Bank E-A” .
6. Press “OK”
The new data will now be found in Program and Combination banks EXB-A.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
franknitty69

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a korg triton studio and i wanted to load the PCM8 data into the correct bank.

according to the PCM8 manual, programs 1-32 are new, and 32-127 are preloaded, it doesn't say which bank. but when i look at the voice list for PCM08, it doesn't match anything in the korg triton studio.

for instance, #32 Auto Groove, doesn't exist in the triton studio.

so what internal bank should it be loaded into?

p.s. i know i can load it into an external, but the documentation suggests that PCM8 updates a bank that has existing programs and combis in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: