Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5x - suggested changes & enhancements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikspeel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to contact shift audio (vocal harmony section pa5x)
For some info on updating the Vocal harmony
De-esser/pitch correction ……………
But the home site is down (hope it is temporary or else we are in trouble with Vocal section) Shocked Shocked Shocked
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sf2 Import must be better.
We must have Stereo import for SF2.
Even a 600 Dollar KB can do it.
More and New sounds = More creativity !!!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
iOpus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Expresion pedal problem Reply with quote

One more bug.

Example: I reduce the selected sound on the expression peadal, but if I change another sound, the next one is at full volume and not to where the pedal is pressed. Since I've been using a expression pedal for a long time, this problem never existed on previous Korg keyboards.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- SOUND priority or OSC priority even Style track priority , would be a genius function for creating f.e. symphonic
complex & multilayered orchestras , in order to define of what sounds to be muted when polyphony reaches 160.
This feature already exists in Kronos Combinations.

- Change SOUND Bank refference would be a great feature that Kronos is using , that would be very useful for merging
SET resources that use the same SOUND banks for Styles & KBD Sets that can be achieved only with external paid utilities !

- Drumkit editor should allow custom samples to use Round-Robin (round) feature and assign 4 custom stereo RR samples
per velocity layer , not to mention the never enabled older ambient feature for custom samples !

- 6 more round levels should had been added to DNC engine per OSC that is the same with Pa4X , due to follow the upgraded
Drumit engine of 4 round-robin levels feature !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Keymn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Korg PaManager pa5x? Reply with quote

Would be interesting watching what Korg PaManager will be doing with style/set conversion from our older models…all I need is the Musikant sets, unless a Musikant set may come out for pa5x? My personal thoughts…
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: More Control Of Synchronised Players Above X-FADER Access Reply with quote

I believe there is a Strong Need to improve access to Player1 and Player2 once locked and synchronised together independently of the X-FADER Slider when both Players have started each style, so you can have real-time access and complete control of all the functions from the Main Screen or the Control Panel of Player1(Yellow) and Player2 (Blue) with out disturbing the X-FADER Slider...

At the present time during a performance you have limited options/access to both Players (1 and 2) unless you choose to disturb the X-FADER which is not practical in many instances once set, and this can be very limiting when needing to access each player independently after synchronisation during a performance...

Possible Suggestion>
Perhaps a double tap of the Style button in each Player would then switch to the Player of choice indicated by the change in colour of the Player chosen (Yellow or Blue)...

This would be very useful (essential) during a performance and would eliminate the problem of having to access each player through the X-FADER Slider, which is Not Practical once the X-FADER Slider has been set between each player in synchronisation mode...

If the Development Team would consider this, i am sure this would then add huge potential to the New Dual Players when synchronised together and give Massive Flexibility which is missing in the present OS considering all the above.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: More Control Of Synchronised Players Above X-FADER Acces Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
I believe there is a Strong Need to improve access to Player1 and Player2 once locked and synchronised together independently of the X-FADER Slider when both Players have started each style, so you can have real-time access and complete control of all the functions from the Main Screen or the Control Panel of Player1(Yellow) and Player2 (Blue) with out disturbing the X-FADER Slider...

At the present time during a performance you have limited options/access to both Players (1 and 2) unless you choose to disturb the X-FADER which is not practical in many instances once set, and this can be very limiting when needing to access each player independently after synchronisation during a performance...

Possible Suggestion>
Perhaps a double tap of the Style button in each Player would then switch to the Player of choice indicated by the change in colour of the Player chosen (Yellow or Blue)...

This would be very useful (essential) during a performance and would eliminate the problem of having to access each player through the X-FADER Slider, which is Not Practical once the X-FADER Slider has been set between each player in synchronisation mode...

If the Development Team would consider this, i am sure this would then add huge potential to the New Dual Players when synchronised together and give Massive Flexibility which is missing in the present OS considering all the above.

If you press CAREFULLY (the margin of error is little and that is what needs a fix) the little box which says which Var/Intro/fill/Ending is played currently on screen , a new window opens that has all the controls to control both players without having to move the x-fader!!

So if they make access to it a bit easier and maybe combine both players in one screen and maybe also add the ability to lock them together (when you change the one for the other to change too) it ll be the best scenario!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: More Control Of Synchronised Players Above X-FADER Acces Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
D575 wrote:

Possible Suggestion>

If you press CAREFULLY (the margin of error is little and that is what needs a fix) the little box which says which Var/Intro/fill/Ending is played currently on screen , a new window opens that has all the controls to control both players without having to move the x-fader!!

So if they make access to it a bit easier and maybe combine both players in one screen and maybe also add the ability to lock them together (when you change the one for the other to change too) it ll be the best scenario!

Yes I am aware of this, but this it not what I am talking about here...

I am surgesting the great need for Full Access of "Control" from the Main Screen Menu or Control Panel Buttons for each Player (1 & 2) which for the current OS can only be accessed by the X-FADER slider position acording to the highlighted coloured indicators (Yellow or Blue)...

So importantly we have a need to access all controls for both Players
(For instance, style mixer, x4 Pads or x16 Matrix Pads, etc etc) without disturbing the X-FADER Slider when both players (1 & 2) are synchronised and active while Multi-Tasking during a performance, which is currently not possible as far as I can tell with this first version of the OS.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A MIDI IMPLEMENTATION MANUAL
And an option to replace the EC5.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
bensel46

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

+ 200

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Yes and again a BIG +1 from me.....
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the setlist tile view I would prefer to see song title and artist name (taken from the tag). Now you can see song title (songbook entry) and name of used style.
hans1966

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys,
very good points.

I'm one of those types of musicians who like to do sequences, sound editing and mixing on the keyboard. (I don't like to use the PC, for this)

That said, I would love to see the following tools in the next Pa5x update:

1. Sequencer: Piano Roll Editor

2. Wav Audio Recorder, with a Minimum of Eight Channels, with editing, mixing and final mastering capabilities.

These are just my wishes, I hope Korg takes them into account

Cheers

I choose the Peace of God!
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the woodwinds section, there's a new clarinet sound on the PA5X called "Kletzmer clarinet". The genre (I assume) being referenced is called "Klezmer", not "Kletzmer". You can check the websites for any prominent klezmer band like Klezmer Conservatory Band (it's in their name) or the Klezmatics to confirm this. It's an easy fix, so I hope Korg makes it, as its rather disrespectful to the genre to leave it misspelled. (Although, I imagine klezmer clarinetists will be offended by the notion that a keyboard patch can in a way represent what they do.)
petr14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) The Pa600 had an indicator light that indicated that the keyboard sound would change when a style was selected. I don't understand why it can be turned off at all, but if so, I need to see at a glance that it is turned off. With the Pa5X it is only visible when Control is set to User. But I need Control/Main to control the volume of individual parts of the instrument. Please put this indication on the main screen next to the octave shift information.

2) I really miss that I can't turn on the metronome directly, but only via Control/User. I can't think of a solution. Perhaps if the Synchro stop button could be remapped, I've never used it in my life. In contrast, I turn the Metronome on and off many times every day. Fade, Lyrics and Score buttons are also available for remapping. I use them minimally. (The Synchro stop button has its own light indication, it would also be useful for remaping the StyleToKbd function, see point 1.)

3) When the SET LIST button is pressed, the set list window opens. After pressing SET LIST a second time, it would be a good idea to close this window. Just a useful little thing. Alternatively, she could switch groups of the set list.

4) The set list can have several groups that are selected from the drop-down menu. It would be nice to be able to set the order of these groups, the ability to put the most used ones at the top.

5) I would really like it to be possible to set the volume settings for the Control items Player1, Keys, Pads, Microphone and Guitar in the Songbook entry. Just as it is possible to set them for Pa5X launch, it would be nice to be able to set them for Songbook entry.

6) The Up/Down buttons in the resource-browser change the page. This is useless and I don't use it at all. It would be better if they were used for browsing one item after another. Just like the Korg Kronos does. On the contrary, I use it often when I search and try.
Yamaha DX Reface, Casio CT-S1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: