Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying sounds. Kronos or Nautilus?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:12 am    Post subject: Buying sounds. Kronos or Nautilus? Reply with quote

Good day,

I have a problem. I would like to buy a commercial package of Pink Floyd sounds for one (or both?) of my keyboards.

I own a Nautilus 88 and a Korg Kronos X (61).
I am at the bottom of the learning curve for both though I had a Korg M50 for a few years.

I only dabble with keyboards, my main instrument is guitar, but I can play a few pieces on keyboard.

I understand that some kronos patches/sounds can also be played on the nautilus, but that patches/sounds made for the nautilus can not be played on th kronos.

So... should I purchase a pink floyd pack for the kronos (61 keys) or the nuatilus 88?

And if I get the kronos pack, then will I be able to use some/most on the nautilus?

Thinking of one of the Endless Floyd Anthology packs (MK III and bonus packs)

Maybe you can recommend a packag that offers patches for BOTh kronos and nautilus?

Thanks
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer: yes and maybe no. The sound engines are the same but individual sounds may have different locations so all sounds may not sound right without some adjusting. Also some of the Kronos sounds may have added Karma note action which is not supported in the Nautilus. Nautilus uses arpeggiators to accomplish simular results but will require effort to get those results. Aftertouch sound effects cannot be achieved on the Nautilus directly as can be on the Kronos. All this being said, many Kronos packs have been prepared to play on the Naulitus by many sound developers. It would be best to ask the sound designers directly to see if there is complete compatibility before purchasing. Be sure to mention your exact models and updates loaded. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Alp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. As I suspected, not an easy black and white answer.

Alp
Alp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

I got packages for each instrument.
Problem solved.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alp wrote:
UPDATE

I got packages for each instrument.
Problem solved.

Well Alp. that takes the fiddling out of them. Happy Holidays and enjoy the new sounds. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: