Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cutting out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomasteele

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: cutting out Reply with quote

When playing the keyboard, it can just switch itself off ,then load up and come back on again on its own , has anyone else had this problem,,, i dont know what it is
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: cutting out Reply with quote

thomasteele wrote:
When playing the keyboard, it can just switch itself off ,then load up and come back on again on its own , has anyone else had this problem,,, i dont know what it is

I think I've had one freeze up, followed by a reboot - I was fairly deep into the sampling pages.

Should it happen again, I am considering the factory reset, then wait to import my Pa4X Styles until after the new OS release.

But as it is now, it has only happened to me one time.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had three freezes so far and that's with me scarcely playing it at the moment.
thomasteele

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does not freeze it switches itself off , trouble is you dont know when its going to switch itself off
I have played it. a few days been fine then another time doing the same playing about an hour or so it will just switch off then comeback on again... very strange
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the frustration is not knowing if it is an actual fault requiring retailer warranty fix/replacement or just one of the many issues that Korg is allegedly preparing in the promised update.
At least if several owners report the problem then it is most likely a Korg bug issue.

I have only played it in the store for an hour and in that time all the sound completely dropped out when changing players (dual style play) - it didn't freeze but the silent player kept going but with no sound - the other player was fine. Had to change modes to bring it back.

I am anxiously waiting like everyone else.... don't think Santa will be delivering it though!!!

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomasteele wrote:
it does not freeze it switches itself off , trouble is you dont know when its going to switch itself off
I have played it. a few days been fine then another time doing the same playing about an hour or so it will just switch off then comeback on again... very strange

Yes I understood your PA5X is Switching Off of its own accord but as with Dave, seems appropriate to mention here where both anomalies could be related and are not what we have paid for...

So.. both scenarios could either be a firmware or hardware issue, i would tend to sway in your case to a hardware issue with this frequent involuntary power down/power on...

I suffered previously with PA4X 18 months of problems, freezing/power-out and was repeatedly being told it was firmware issue and to be patient for the next firmware update at that time which apparently would resolve the problems, this unfortunately turned out not to be the case with the 1st and 2nd PA4X i received and eventually what transpired was both units had major hardware faults and only the 3rd PA4X I eventually settled with was in good working order...

My advice is Do Not Suffer This Problem and your only real course of action now is...

(A) Let a Korg service engineer take a look...

(B) Ask for a replacment ASAP.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: cutting out Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
I think I've had one freeze up, followed by a reboot - I was fairly deep into the sampling pages.

Just to clarify, what I described as a "freeze" wasn't the same as I believe others had reported. My 5X stopped taking touchscreen inputs while I was working on something and it rebooted itself, so the freeze I referred to was likely just part of it's reboot cycle.

I agree with D575, your situation does sound a little different due to the frequency, I too would be concerned about hardware. Most important is that you contact Korg to at least make sure they are aware of your problem and will agree to replace if the update doesn't fix it, or replace it now.

davekalbach wrote:
Should it happen again, I am considering the factory reset, then wait to import my Pa4X Styles until after the new OS release

Another concern is. Have you added anything to your 5X? As some have pointed out here, there is a problem when importing some styles and samples. If you have imported anything, I would factory reset and test again to see if the import was related to your problem.

usaraiya

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In August, Antony Sharmann wrote:

"- Current OS v.1.0 actually never has frozen in many days of advanced operations I've done but it accidentally has restarted in some non
relative points like when editing factory resources , or saving partial resources in media etc but never happens twice at same operation
so something in OS programming code make it unstable and restarts !"

So it appears to be a software issue that manifests itself when factory resources are edited and become unstable.

Smile
Uday
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep , but also depends on custom resources loaded !
Not yet in state for custom resources , except if especially prepared for Pa5X as WavesArt has already done ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Not yet in state for custom resources , except if especially prepared for Pa5X as WavesArt has already done ...

Antony - Could you clarify this statement. I didn't understand "not yet in state for custom resources"

-- Dave

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already clarified a long time ago ...

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127663

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127774

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Already clarified a long time ago ...

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127663

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127774

Antony - I am beginning to believe you must think I'm stupid!!

I've read those posts the first time you wrote them, and I've now read them both again. Neither references your most recent words "in state"...

I don't understand what you mean by this, could you please clarify what you mean by "in state"...

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave , how many times I have to write that at this OS current "state" , "do not work with custom resources" for 2 reasons :
1) Custom Styles and stereo samples compressed do not work properly.
2) After official OS v,1.1 release , you will re-convert all custom resources again since corrective changes will be huge.

davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Dave , how many times I have to write that at this OS current "state" , "do not work with custom resources" for 2 reasons :
1) Custom Styles and stereo samples compressed do not work properly.
2) After official OS v,1.1 release , you will re-convert all custom resources again since corrective changes will be huge.

Thank you for the clarification. I understand the issues from your posts. Thank you for all of your work, advice, and assistance.

"current state" makes perfect sense to me, as "in it's current state" ---- "in state" I did not understand. Perhaps it is an expression, but in my life I have never heard anyone reference "in state"

All I asked for was clarification. See how easy that was.

As always, thank you for all that you do. Peace!

-- Dave

Keymn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this happen once with my pa1000…but since I unclicked the auto shut down, the problem went away. I also added UPS power as battery backup…but be sure the UPS is sine wave type…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: