Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa5x Killer ? New Ketron Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robkeith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Event looks and sounds great so far! Reply with quote

Of course I’m hanging out for the full detail, when Ketron? And as aposed to the PA5X I hope the pricing will be reasonable, love the Korg but way too expensive. I did have an Audya for years and loved it’s real drums, bass and so on. So here’s hoping not too expensive
the_boss81

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First demo without audio tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE1G7Gfz_Ww
and the spell was gone... Ketron used to shine in "saxes" and currently Korg or even more so Yamaha have surpassed it even in this type of sounds.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to judge the quality of keyboards (in particular) by the sax and drum sounds.
This demo is, sadly, terrible.

Then there's this:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEbipISmhG0

so.....
1. Korg
2. Korg
3. Korg
4. Yamaha
5. Ketron
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
robkeith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_boss81 wrote:
First demo without audio tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE1G7Gfz_Ww
and the spell was gone... Ketron used to shine in "saxes" and currently Korg or even more so Yamaha have surpassed it even in this type of sounds.

Taken down by the user on utube! Interesting
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps I take back what I said
...this is quite amazing....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5pD_dmm1t0

Very Happy
the_boss81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't mix - the demo where you wrote "terrible" showed the possibilities of the sound module. And the demo where you (I too) wrote "amazing" showed the possibilities of a session musician. You can control it in style with chords, fine, but you can't play the "sounds" live on the keyboard or use them in MIDI.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_boss81 wrote:
You can control it in style with chords, fine, but you can't play the "sounds" live on the keyboard or use them in MIDI.

Thanks for the info. I would eventually love to get my hands on this keyboard but, sadly, it will never arrive and be supported in Australia.
robkeith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:10 pm    Post subject: You can get it in Australia Reply with quote

I believe you will be able to get in Australia. I purchased an Audya from a supplier in Sydney, can’t see why that would change?

Gotta say though Ketron, whilst I think you make great keyboards, your marketing and website are crap. Sorry to offend but I’m trying to think of a worse website and I can’t honestly find one. Your new Event whilst has a picture on opening page and nada! You need to get the adults into the room, you are talking about a keyboard prob appx $4k us, and you want to be hugely successful, and yet it looks as though you are doing everything possible to turn prospective buyers off.

Please fix this, and please can you stop the little teasers on the Event and give us the full review and video. Korg PA5X and now the Genos 2 coming you are going to be eclipsed if you don’t watch out.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob

Yeah - Gospel Pianos were the Oz distributors but now there are none.

Agree with you re the marketing of the EVENT - perhaps they have employed some ex-Korg arranger marketing staff Wink

P Very Happy
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: You can get it in Australia Reply with quote

robkeith wrote:
I believe you will be able to get in Australia. I purchased an Audya from a supplier in Sydney, can’t see why that would change?

Gotta say though Ketron, whilst I think you make great keyboards, your marketing and website are crap. Sorry to offend but I’m trying to think of a worse website and I can’t honestly find one. Your new Event whilst has a picture on opening page and nada! You need to get the adults into the room, you are talking about a keyboard prob appx $4k us, and you want to be hugely successful, and yet it looks as though you are doing everything possible to turn prospective buyers off.

Please fix this, and please can you stop the little teasers on the Event and give us the full review and video. Korg PA5X and now the Genos 2 coming you are going to be eclipsed if you don’t watch out.

Well said and I agree.
I visited once their website and I got confused.
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketron Event specs

Polyphony: 216 notes, multitimbral.
Keyboard: 76 half weighted keys. 4 Dynamic curves. Pitch and Modulation wheels. Aftertouch. Portamento. Legato Mono_Poly. Transposer -/+ 24. Octave +/- 2. Expr. Pedal with 6 curves.
Controls: 15 sliders with RGB Led indicator. Brightness and color controls. 8 potentiometers for external EFX control.
Display: 7” touch capacitive. Brightness control. 5 different skin colors.
Factory Sounds: 10 Voice groups: Piano, Strings, Organ, Brass, Sax, Pad, Synth, Guitar, Bass, Ethnic. 464 Preset Voices. Voice 1, Voice 2, each Voice with up to 3 different sounds. Drawbars. Factory Advanced Voice Editing. High quality multilayer Sounds with a vast selection of Real Solos ®. Factory overwrite and restore. Up to 1.280 User Voices available. Arabic scale and key shift programmable per Voice.
User Sounds: 2,5 GB free storage in non-volatile Flash memory (1,5 GB for additional Factory Sound Banks – 1 GB for User samples). Sample Editor: up to 8.192 samples (max 6 seconds per sample). Up to 4 layered stereo instruments (Voice or Drum Set). Advanced editor with Split, Octave, Level, Range, Tune, Cut off, Velocity, Adsr. Sample Loop utilities. User Drum kits.
Adsr/Filter: separate sound controls for Attack, Decay, Sustain, LFO, Cut Off and Resonance.
Drum Set: 62 Stereo Drums kits. 32 User Drum kits with Remap, Filter, Tune, FX controls. Drum Mixer: 9 sections with separate controls for level, pan, reverb, pitch, velocity compression. 86 Midi Drum styles (Pattern) available on Grv1_Loop section.
Drawbars: 9 digital drawbars. Slow-Fast Rotor. Overdrive, Click, Vibrato, Reverb, Percussion. Full programmability. 24 Organ Presets. Twin Organ: possibility to mix PCM and Digital organ tones for a wide stereo sound reproduction.
Arranger: Over 400 Styles. Real Styles, featuring a mix of Midi and audio parts (see below), Live Styles and Midi Styles. 10 groups: Ballad, Pop, Dance, Rock, Swing, Latin, Country, Folk, Party, Unplugged. 3 Intro, 3 Ending, Fill to End, ABCD, 4 Fills, 4 Break. Reintro, Count In, Pause, Key Start, Key Stop, Variation. User Styles with unlimited store capabilities.
5 Midi Chords and Bass. Close, Parallel, Logic mode. 3 x Lower with Mono/Poly function. Chord Variation. Varitone. Voice to ABCD. Auto Fill, Fill to Arrange, Fill to Aftertouch. Chord modes: Easy1, Easy2, Easy3, Fingered 1, Fingered 2. Orch. Variation Morphing. Rootless mode. Manual Bass, To Lowest, To Root. Bassist and Pianist mode (Standard/Expert). Bass and Chord Lock.
Live Drums: 580 Live Drums with a complete Arranger structure (3 Intros, 3 Endings, ABCD, 4 Fills, 4 Breaks). Reverb and 3 band Parametric Equalizer with 10 presets, programmable on each style. Drum Boost. Possibility to load external User Live Drums. Drum Lock.
Grooves: 3 x independent Groove sections. Huge library of more than 780 Latin percussions, Electro and Acoustic Drum loops, Single percussion hits. Groove to Variation. Separate volume and controls.
Live Guitars: 216 sliced Guitar patterns including Long Chords. Separate volume and controls.
Real Chord: More than 300 Real audio accompaniments covering a full chord range (up to 13 different chords). A wide variety of electric, acoustic, and jazz guitars patterns and other orchestral sequences perfectly synchronized to Midi. Dedicated Insert EFX with full editor, programmable for each style. Possibility to load external User Real Chords.
Real Bass: 256 Real audio Basses synchronized to Midi. Twin Bass: possibility to switch Midi or Audio on the same style. Support to external User audio Basses. 3 band Parametric Equalizer with 10 Presets, programmable on each style. Possibility to load external User Real Basses.
Style Modeling: navigate and choose Drums, Grooves, Bass and Chords from the massive Midi and Audio Library. Multichord and Multibass templates.
Style Edit: advanced pattern recording and editing. Copy, Quantize, Velocity, Octave functions. Special quantize available for oriental styles (7/8, 9/8, 13/8, etc.).
Registrations: 4 Banks with unlimited Registrations controlling the global set up of the keyboard.
Performance: provides fast access to Styles, Registrations with Style, Mp3, Wav or Midi files. 7 Sets with unlimited file storage.
Play Mode: Master, Accord/Style, Accord/Classic, Organist.
Phrase: real time recording and play for Style chord sequences.
Custom Slider: 2 x Custom slider (alternative to Lower 2 And 3) assignable to Micro, Arranger sections, Drum filter and other functions.
Footswitch: 4 programmable Set. Assignable to the most relevant machine functions and features.
Arabic Scale: 16 sets. 6 scale memories.
Dsp: Reverb, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Overdrive, Distortion, Tremolo, Autopan, Equalizer. 2 stereo EFX Insert assigned to Voice and Voice 2, 1 Insert to Arranger chords, 1 Insert to Real Chord. External panel controls: Overdrive, Brilliance, Chorus/Wah Depth and Rate, Delay Feedback and Level, Reverb Time, and Level. 64 Single Presets and 64 Chain Effects. Deep editing.
Stem: 4 Scenes. 5 audio tracks per scene to be played simultaneously. Lead track, Transpose, Time Stretching, Loop, Solo, Mute, Autoplay. Fixed pitch for Drum section. Support for external User Stems.
Player: 2 separate Player units feat. Transpose, Audio Time stretching, GM, Jukebox, Playlists, Drum Remix, Markers, Lyrics, Cross Fade, Search, PFL, Midi Mix, Karaoke Backgrounds. Support for wav, midi, mp3, mp4, avi, mov, flv, cdg, jpg, png, txt and pdf files.
HD Recording: 1 stereo audio track. Midi and Song Style recording.
Audio Multitrack: 5+1 audio tracks with separate slider control.
Micro: 2 x Micro inputs. Micro 1 (XLR) with gain control. Effect with Reverb, Delay, Equalizer, Pitch shift. Micro 2 (jack) with volume and reverb control.
Voicetron: 3 voice vocalizer. Assignable to Arranger or Midi file with Presets, Equalizer, Mode functions.
Video: HDMI connection for displaying lyrics, pictures, and videos. Mirror mode. Up to Full HD Resolution. Support for external touchscreen displays.
Bluetooth: Streaming audio input (ad2p profile).
Wi_Fi: Networked remote control via KETRON app.
Storage: 240 GB internal SSD disk (80 GB reserved for System). Optional external SD Card (up to 512 GB).
Side Connections: 2 x USB device. USB Host. HDMI.
Rear Connections: Main Out Left / Right. Aux 1 & Aux 2 (Left/Right). Headphone. Sustain pedal. Volume pedal. Footswitch. Midi In1, Midi In2, Out, Thru. Line In L/R. Micro 1, Micro 2.
Optional: Volume pedal normal or deluxe. Sustain pedal normal or piano type (available also with Footswitch connector). Footswitch 6 or 13 switches. Midi Pedalboard 13 notes (KCool. Soft bag. Hard case.
Dimensions: 114 x 36,5 x 12,5 cm (44,8 x 14,3 x 5 in)
Weight: 14,8 Kg (32,6 lbs.)
Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of an actual link to this information please - otherwise it will become another "secretive rumours" debacle.

Thanks Very Happy
hans1966

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with Pete

I choose the Peace of God!
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Any chance of an actual link to this information please - otherwise it will become another "secretive rumours" debacle.

Thanks Very Happy

Those data are equivalent of polish translate of the prospect devoted to Ketron Event
Check my website www.vsti.pl
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks - so it is not anything official from Ketron. So where did the information come from?
I would love to see this mysterious, unannounced keyboard but...
........... seems like PA5x pre-release rumours all over again....

Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: