Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HD1 Engine not listed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:26 pm    Post subject: HD1 Engine not listed. Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to learn a bit about my Nautilus 88 using Youtube videos. It has already been updated to version 1.2. (not by me though).

When I click on the 'engine' box on the left hand side of the screen, eight engines appear. SGX-2, EP1, CX-3, etc. The one that does not appear is the HD-1 engine.
Everything seems to work o.k. and all the sounds seem to be present. I guess there is something blatantly obvious that I'm not aware of as to why I can only see eight engines listed.

The other question, is there a way to go to an individual sound engine and scroll through the particular sounds in that engine ? Currently I go to programs and they are listed in Sound categories that can cover more than one specific engine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two types of engines: HD-1 and EXi. You are in the EXi bank so any engine you selected is EXi not HD-1. If your bank is EXi will can't select the HD 1 before Set Program Bank Type from GLOBAL menu. Note: if change the Bank Type, all programs in that specific bank will be reset to INIT so save a PCG as a backup before do anything. In conclusion the entire Nautilus is split in two types of banks (EXi and HD-1) so when try to import a program from USB media or if try to save, will see that HD-1 can't be save in EXi banks and vice-versa.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
Thank you for that. I'm still a little confused but from what I have read, I only need to change the engines when I am trying to create a new sound. I assume that I currently have access to all sounds in both HD-1 and EXi engines and I have no wish to create my own sounds, just edit existing ones and save them as Programs or Combinations. Therefore I assume I can leave the banks as they are.

My only concern is regarding Sounds that I have purchased from the Korg Shop and would like to load into my Nautilus. Would I need to change engines for that ? I purchased two sets of sounds from K Sounds, loaded one set and it worked perfectly. Loaded the second set of sounds and they wiped out the first set of sounds. I'll have to work on that one !!
Chris
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , you understand well. To create a sound you are not force to change engine. If want to do a new MS20 will have to find a free EXi bank, open the INIT Sound and choose the MS20 engine. By default any INIT EXi sounds opened in AL-1 engine.
So the presets programs A to E are EXi, from F to O are HD-1. This info could be found at the main page on right side of the program name under category. The rest of banks "P" to "T" and "a" to "t" could be change in according with your necessity. To change one bank, press Global, open the menu bar from upper right corner and touch the Set Program Bank Type. Will find a table with status of all banks. Leave the pre-sets A to O as they are then can change other banks as you need.

Regarding the sounds from KORG shop perhaps are HD-1 because of sample based. Mostly all third part avoid to change the pre-sets so will can install the sounds safe in your free location. No need to change the banks type for that. Save your edited programs or entire PCG before load anything to avoid to delete some important work.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi Dan,
loaded one set and it worked perfectly. Loaded the second set of sounds and they wiped out the first set of sounds. I'll have to work on that one !!
Chris

If both sound packs was created in the same banks will have to move one on different location. Also the second sound pack could be loaded in a different place and use Change All Banks Reference to match the WS and Samples. Is hard to direct you in this situation. Tell me more about which pack overwrites the first pack you installed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: