Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA 1000 Editing Backing Sequence using a DAW (Sonar X3)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Korg PA 1000 Editing Backing Sequence using a DAW (Sonar X3) Reply with quote

I use a DAW (Sonar X3 Producer ver.) for editing backing sequences recorded on my Korg PA 1000. My backing sequences play well accessing my user sounds of PA1000 but I am not able to add additional tracks using my user sounds on my arranger. What bank should be used to access my user sounds, please? Any suggestions, please?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg PA 1000 Editing Backing Sequence using a DAW (Sonar Reply with quote

deepak wrote:
I use a DAW (Sonar X3 Producer ver.) for editing backing sequences recorded on my Korg PA 1000. My backing sequences play well accessing my user sounds of PA1000 but I am not able to add additional tracks using my user sounds on my arranger. What bank should be used to access my user sounds, please? Any suggestions, please?

User sounds of Pa1000 use CC00=121, CC32=64-67, PC=0-127.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:26 am    Post subject: hi depepak Reply with quote

hello friend, maybe you could explain your problem better, because I can add tracks to the midi files and edit midi sequences in pa1000 and I have no problem with that --I'll make an example you can the tracks you want -(the bases drums perc bass strings - ---- and so you want) ---I hope you tell us what your problem is, with more details ---thank you have a good day ---
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:30 am    Post subject: hi hello friend -siebenhirter - Reply with quote

hello friend -siebenhirter --even I can't understand what you mean by those controller numbers ----------CC00=121, CC32=64-67, PC=0-127.-I think that doesn't help a lot --it's my humble suggestion ....if you explain it would be better ---I think so ----thanks --- Very Happy
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: hi hello friend -siebenhirter - Reply with quote

altemar mirandiña wrote:
hello friend -siebenhirter --even I can't understand what you mean by those controller numbers ----------CC00=121, CC32=64-67, PC=0-127.-I think that doesn't help a lot --it's my humble suggestion ....if you explain it would be better ---I think so ----thanks --- :D

I thougth this would be well know if working with MIDI.

CC00 and CC32 are Bank Select messages and PC is Program Change message.

The Bank Select messages are actually MIDI Controller messages, just like Volume, Pan, Sustain Pedal, Wind, and other controllers. Specifically, the controller number for the "Most Significant Byte" (ie, MSB) of Bank Select is controller 0. The controller number for "Least Significant Byte" (ie, LSB) of Bank Select is controller 32. The data for these messages are the bank number you want to select. (Sometimes the MSB Bank Select is referred to as the coarse adjustment for bank, and the LSB Bank Select is referred to as the fine adjustment).

For User Sounds of your Pa-Keyboard MSB (controller 0) of bank select is 121 and LSB (controller 32) is between 64 and 67. These four soundbanks are used for your user sounds and it is possible to use up to 128 user-sounds (pcg-files = programs) in each user-soundbank.

--> http://midi.teragonaudio.com/tutr/bank.htm
http://taylor.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X3&language=3&help=Instrument_Defs.07.html

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
deepak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: hi depepak Reply with quote

altemar mirandiña wrote:
hello friend, maybe you could explain your problem better, because I can add tracks to the midi files and edit midi sequences in pa1000 and I have no problem with that --I'll make an example you can the tracks you want -(the bases drums perc bass strings - ---- and so you want) ---I hope you tell us what your problem is, with more details ---thank you have a good day ---

On the Keyboard, I can do it but I save it on a USB drive then use it by opening the backing sequence file with my Keyboard connected to the computer. I can do everything in terms of editing notes or replaying the whole phrase, then saving the file on a USB, and then loading back on PA1000. The only problem is if on a certain track I want to change to my Korg User sound while in the DAW, I can not. I don't know what bank to assign to. I only have access to only General Midi Banks and Sounds
deepak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: hi hello friend -siebenhirter - Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
altemar mirandiña wrote:
hello friend -siebenhirter --even I can't understand what you mean by those controller numbers ----------CC00=121, CC32=64-67, PC=0-127.-I think that doesn't help a lot --it's my humble suggestion ....if you explain it would be better ---I think so ----thanks --- Very Happy

I thougth this would be well know if working with MIDI.

CC00 and CC32 are Bank Select messages and PC is Program Change message.

The Bank Select messages are actually MIDI Controller messages, just like Volume, Pan, Sustain Pedal, Wind, and other controllers. Specifically, the controller number for the "Most Significant Byte" (ie, MSB) of Bank Select is controller 0. The controller number for "Least Significant Byte" (ie, LSB) of Bank Select is controller 32. The data for these messages are the bank number you want to select. (Sometimes the MSB Bank Select is referred to as the coarse adjustment for bank, and the LSB Bank Select is referred to as the fine adjustment).

For User Sounds of your Pa-Keyboard MSB (controller 0) of bank select is 121 and LSB (controller 32) is between 64 and 67. These four soundbanks are used for your user sounds and it is possible to use up to 128 user-sounds (pcg-files = programs) in each user-soundbank.

--> http://midi.teragonaudio.com/tutr/bank.htm
http://taylor.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X3&language=3&help=Instrument_Defs.07.html

On the Keyboard, I can do it. Please note that I save my backing sequence song on a USB drive. Then use it by opening the backing sequence file in a DAW with my Keyboard connected to the computer to correct some inaccuracies in playing. On the DAW I can do everything in terms of editing notes or replaying the whole phrase, then saving the file on a USB, and then loading back on PA1000. The only problem is if on a certain track I want to change to my Korg User sound while in the DAW, I can not. I don't know what bank to assign to. It is just a matter of choosing the right bank. I only have access to only General Midi Banks and Sounds. I tried to contact KORG Tech Support, but sorry to say they are absolutely time waste and am very frustrated.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Bank select methode with Sonar x3 (user sound banks) Reply with quote

deepak wrote:
... The only problem is if on a certain track I want to change to my Korg User sound while in the DAW, I can not. I don't know what bank to assign to. It is just a matter of choosing the right bank. I only have access to only General Midi Banks and Sounds. I tried to contact KORG Tech Support, but sorry to say they are absolutely time waste and am very frustrated.

I think Tech Support of Korg is not responsible for this, but it is obviously due to the fact that no bank change command is sent for the user sounds with the Sonar X3.

How to use the bank select method to choose the bank numbers that you assign to each patch list is described in http://midimanuals.com/manuals/cakewalk/sonar_x3/reference_guide/sonar_x3_reference_guide.pdf.

In manual you can find that user sound banks of Pa1000 has values of CC00 = 121 and CC32 = 64, 65, 66 or 67.

Now compute the first user sound bank as described in Sonars manual: (msb * 128) + 64 = (121 * 128) + 64 = 15.488 + 64 = 15.552.

If you choose bank select 15.552 in Sonar x3 and send it via Midi to Pa1000 each sound you change will use sounds of first user sound bank;
if you choose bank select 15.553 you will get sounds of the 2nd user sound bank, with bank select 15.554 the 3rd user sound bank and with
bank select 15.555 the 4th user sound bank.

If there is no filter of bank-select-messages in Midi-Out of Sonar x3 or in Midi-In of the Pa-Arranger you will get all your user sounds of your
user sound banks with that bank select methode.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: