Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still excited about the pa5x
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Anthony .

So what are some of your favourite sounds and styles ? What inspired you to play it ?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honesty , I always enjoy my own resources Styles and especially sounds I have created as the most of you know
from WavesArt Development that I have already transferred in Pa5X and my current issue is that Styles are damaged
in INTRO1/END1 'cause of bug I have explained in relative topic , and also I can't create new stereo compressed PCM
'cause of another bug in saving function of stereo samples.

So up to this working point of unfinished OS , the overall sound using this special tool of mastering per styles and new
re-written code of sound engine is far better than any KorgPa arranger , all resources are sounding with clarity and rich
stereo separation that do not remind me at all Pa4X although hardware (DAC f.e.) is similar.

Factory resources are also enhanced with new samples in popular instruments and Styles in low power audience seem
close to Genos , but if you increase volume (f.e. 2 X 200W rms) , Genos reveals the fake DSP sounding while Pa5X sounds
punchy and close to a real live playing band , that nobody managed to demonstrate yet and show the superiority of
new EDS-XP sound engine & mastering tools.

I will describe my feelings after working hours per day on Pa5X with my resources (up to the point I can with current OS) ,
when I turn on my Pa4X and try to test older resources , I get the feeling that I use a very old and outdated arranger with
poor interface and with overall bad sounding Styles without details ... You'll be addicted if you use it a lot and get familiar
with new expanded interface ! This is a new arranger , unfinished yes but not a continuation ...

Therefore my essential expectations were fulfilled and we have a strong base of EDS-XP sound engine where all are sounding
much better and hardware ready arranger and just waiting official & finished OS to work further and create new Styles &
new real stereo Sounds.

This is my point of view as a sound developer & style creator that I demand the best tool for my work.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like pulling teeth !

I understand Anthony that from a sound producer , product producer point of view , you appreciate the sonic differences you perceive in the pa5x compared to the pa4x and the opportunities it affords you in terms of leveraging the best from the new technology offered ,to adapt your products for sound development and obviously sales .

That’s not what I am asking . Does anyone here actually play the instrument because you like what it is offering ????

What sounds are your favourites ? What styles are your favourites?

The lack of a response to these simple questions is incredibly revealing and points to a huge problem for Korg .

This should not be so difficult to get simple straight answers from people who actually bought the instrument to play ……wow
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth
I've made a deep analysis for all users and already mentioned how the simple user will hear this new enhanced arranger.

For instance every similar factory sound or style that are also in Pa4X , sounds better with clarity and more punchy in Pa5X
and you can hear sonic details of each track instrument used in a complex playing Style as never before , so if I was using
only factory resources , Pa5X is far better arranger with better real stereo sound library & DKs with RR and the one way
choice for a demanding performer/entertainer.
The best out of box arranger to go and play with factory resources with no obvious issues.

But advanced users and developers that edit and create custom sounds & Styles , face many glitches , bugs and missing
functions that will be addressed in OS official release and all will discover the obvious and will stop complaining for the rest !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but what are your favourite sounds and Styles in the Pa5x or do you not have any preference at all ?

Ok let me make it easier .

Are there any new styles or new sounds you really like that were not in the pa4x ?

What are they or are they literally all the same styles and the same sounds just re worked and you like them all equally ?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that needed have been already mentioned ...

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is really a surprise to me .

I have never experienced this level of silence or avoidance to simple questions about the newest member of the korg pa range …just wow …
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth

See if you can get some time on one at you local retailer.

Will be interested in your feedback

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s half the problem Pete .

Very few shops stock them and I’ve moved from a major city ( Birmingham) , where I could easily pop into one of 3 large music shops to a smaller area in Wolverhampton, where there are virtually none that stock big ticket items .

I think the pandemic and lockdown put a lot of small businesses out if business.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
That’s half the problem Pete .

Very few shops stock them and I’ve moved from a major city ( Birmingham) , where I could easily pop into one of 3 large music shops to a smaller area in Wolverhampton, where there are virtually none that stock big ticket items .

I think the pandemic and lockdown put a lot of small businesses out if business.

I am guessing you may know this Worth, from Wolverhampton you are looking at Hinckley> about 1-hour from you, or Banbury> about 1-hour 15 min in the car, where i am fairly sure in both locations you can try a PA5X if no one is stocking closer, unfortunately i am in Dorset otherwise I would say pop round and try mine.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands on is the only way, but you know that. Anyway, Brum's only down the road from Wolves. You could be stuck hundreds of miles from anywhere like Pete and myself. Smile
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands on is the only way, but you know that. Anyway, Brum's only down the road from Wolves. You could be stuck hundreds of miles form anywhere like Pete and myself. Smile
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you but that’s a two hour plus round trip to Banbury or Hinckley, and it’s a 2 hour round trip to Birmingham on the M6 ( which is a nightmare I have to travel every day ) and I will have to pay a clean air charge and have to pay city centre car parking fees . I believe “ fair deal music “ have one in stock though.

I’ll have to plan a trip on a weekend when I can spare the time . 👍
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Train to Birmingham from Wolverhampton? - Fastest is 17 mins! Cheapest is £2.60 one way.

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefer to drive . Last time I went on a train was a couple years ago and there was a stabbing in the carriage right in front of me . Not stepped in a train or on a bus since . No public transport for me .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: