Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Key transpose on nautilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergio Robustini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject: Key transpose on nautilus Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I intend to buy the nautilus. A question to the owners. Is it possible to save the changes made with the Key transpose on the user programs or combi ? For me this detail is important as I play with different bands. Thanks in advance
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see; no not directly into a program or combination easily. It is more of a Global control. You could enter your changes within the page download of the individual sound sources "main" page. There is opportunity to set Octave and Transpose for each sound there. But, it would be important to save each of those particular changes as a separate program or combi with those changes noted so as to not get confused. Set list mode would be a good place to notate any transpose or octave adjustments in the explanation section available as well.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Sergio Robustini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
From what I can see; no not directly into a program or combination easily. It is more of a Global control. You could enter your changes within the page download of the individual sound sources "main" page. There is opportunity to set Octave and Transpose for each sound there. But, it would be important to save each of those particular changes as a separate program or combi with those changes noted so as to not get confused. Set list mode would be a good place to notate any transpose or octave adjustments in the explanation section available as well.

Thanks Nitecrawlwer. What a pity, an instrument of this level dedicated to live should save any changes to user presets. I hope that a change in this regard can be made with next software updates
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transpose values can be altered in individual Programs and Combis, on a per Program / Combi basis, and the changed Program / Combi saved. If the intention is to keep the original Program / Combi, and also have transposed versions, then each transposed Program / Combi would require the use of an additional Program or Combi slot. Changes to the transposition parameter made within a Program or Combi can be done live, and the sound from previously held notes will continue to play. This may not result in the most elegant of transposition changes live, since Programs can have two "Oscillators" and each has its own transposition value and, within a Combi, individual Timbres have their own transpose values, and these cannot be changed simultaneously. Smooth sound transitions (i.e. held notes will continue to play) will also occur when changing from a Program / Combi having one set of transpositions to another Program / Combi, and this is the more elegant option.

If the desire is to transpose all Programs or Combis, then this can be done in the Global menus, and if it isn't saved, it will persist for the session, and could be used to match the key that the particular band plays in. If the Global Key Tranpose change is done live, the sound from previously held notes will cut out.

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO a much easier/efficient way is to use the transpose parameter in each setlist. In the Kronos and probably in the Nautilus as well there is about 10 times more setlist slots available compared to progs/combis. So I would let the needed progs/combis as is and simply save them as Setlists with whatever transpose amounts you need.
Sergio Robustini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
IMHO a much easier/efficient way is to use the transpose parameter in each setlist. In the Kronos and probably in the Nautilus as well there is about 10 times more setlist slots available compared to progs/combis. So I would let the needed progs/combis as is and simply save them as Setlists with whatever transpose amounts you need.

Thank you very much. Great clarification
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Transpose button on the front panel easy to use in the real time. The same buttons for Octave +-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: