Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts about Korg and Pa5X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazenko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Blazenko wrote:

Sure, we're all going to be very excited and amazed about the Pa5X in about 2-3 years.

So it's best to wait until then, keep playing your Pa4X with joy and only buy the Pa5X when it's mature!

Where is the problem?

Regarding the comment "Where is the problem?"...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing for those who have not purchased PA5X but observe those that have and I think "Pete" (Karmathanever) previously in this thread covers this very well...

One of the "Problems" for many PA5X owners, to do a u-turn now is highly problematic and would be costly in the short or long term and for those weighing the Pros and Cons for a future purchase should find theses threads insightful following PA5X owners at this particular moment in time...

And another obvious and much understood "Problem" considering this Forum and Social Media would be KORG's Conduct, which I think should be Very Evident if you again read through all the PA5X threads where for most this should be easy to understand whichever side of the process you find yourself, With or Without a PA5X Smile

No reason to be upset.

There are some in the forum who like to play the role of beta testers.

Korg and the other potential buyers are extremely grateful to these testers for their efforts.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
D575 wrote:
Blazenko wrote:

Sure, we're all going to be very excited and amazed about the Pa5X in about 2-3 years.

So it's best to wait until then, keep playing your Pa4X with joy and only buy the Pa5X when it's mature!

Where is the problem?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing for those who have not purchased PA5X but observe those that have and I think "Pete" (Karmathanever) previously in this thread covers this very well...

One of the "Problems" for many PA5X owners, to do a u-turn now is highly problematic and would be costly in the short or long term and for those weighing the Pros and Cons for a future purchase should find theses threads insightful following PA5X owners at this particular moment in time...

And another obvious and much understood "Problem" considering this Forum and Social Media would be KORG's Conduct, which I think should be Very Evident if you again read through all the PA5X threads where for most this should be easy to understand whichever side of the process you find yourself, With or Without a PA5X Smile

No reason to be upset.

If they were paid for it, sure. But not at six grand a pop going the other way. Madness.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
D575 wrote:
Blazenko wrote:

Where is the problem?

No reason to be upset.

Korg and the other potential buyers are extremely grateful to these testers for their efforts.

Which is absolutely fine for them, but i think you have missed the point here....or HAVE YOU?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
If they were paid for it, sure. But not at six grand a pop going the other way. Madness.

+1,
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:

Which is absolutely fine for them, but i think you have missed the point here....or HAVE YOU?

+1,
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta testers or not , that I know so far is that every Pa5X new batch is vanished in 2-3 hours from arrival , and hundreds of clients
all over the world are written in pre-order lists without even knowing the main functions of Pa5X !
Maybe they might have guessed that they will earn 400$ from price that Pa5X will cost after new years eve ! Very Happy Time will show the real winners !

From my side as a sound developer , I took the premature risk , I know how to overcome by tricky ways any Pa5X sampler engine bug issue and in
the middle of October , all WavesArt Pa5X premium sound libraries & Suites will be ready for release , with all working flawlessly even in this OS v1.0

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Maybe they might have guessed that they will earn 400$ from price that Pa5X will cost after new years eve ! Very Happy Time will show the real winners !

They'll only be winners if it ever works Wink also, if this keyboard is seriously increasing in price that soon then I really will not bother.... I would be expecting the price to reduce!!!!
I could almost buy 2 new PA4x-76 for the price of 1 PA5x.

I hope they fix it and finish it before they start asking for more money - that will terminate my relationship with Korg.
This whole thing gets more ridiculous by the minute, but don't get me wrong - very simply:-
.....I'd really like to buy one
.....I'd really like one that is NOT in BETA and is useable
.....I'd really like to trust Korg again

That's my wish-list

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
davekalbach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

If you buy a coffee maker, a modern one, one click and the coffee is ready,
They have the best resolution on display,
Any taste you like with cream or flavor or something else,
And yes it’s a coffee maker and it MAKES the coffee for you, there is no such a warning text telling us that, this coffee beans is not compatible with this unit.

Yea... But can it do MIDI to Style Conversion??? Razz Razz Razz Razz

Just poking some fun.... Very Happy

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Beta testers or not , that I know so far is that every Pa5X new batch is vanished in 2-3 hours from arrival , and hundreds of clients
all over the world are written in pre-order lists without even knowing the main functions of Pa5X !

Somehow you do have a point, Antony. I doubt if Korg will raise the price but on the other hand it won't surprise me. And yes, many pre-orders have to be fulfilled, that's true. And I don't know if these clients are known with the functions of the Pa5X and I don't know if these people will be disappointed. They just want a new arranger to play music but even they can run into problems like freezing OS.

Quote:
From my side as a sound developer , I took the premature risk , I know how to overcome by tricky ways any Pa5X sampler engine bug issue and in
the middle of October , all WavesArt Pa5X premium sound libraries & Suites will be ready for release , with all working flawlessly even in this OS v1.0

Well, yes, Antony, you know how to work around the bugs, you are a professional. But not everybody is a professional and runs into problems which I might say there was no need to have these at all. Premature OS, and why can Korg fix these within a few months by releasing an OS update and haven't been able to fix these bugs before the release? Korg has had 3 years in surplus for making a new arranger but can fix bugs in only 4, 5 or 6 months? And yes, there has been corona so not everybody could work closely together at one place but almost every company has been able to offer working at home and working together apart by using Teams, Zoom etc.

That's what makes me think Korg is merely chasing the money instead of customer care. Even now, 2 months after release, lot of complaints from customers. But not 2 single words on their website: 'We apologise' either. That's one of the points which bothers me...
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case is so embarrassing that after a downloadable official OS will appear then "Apologies" could follow !
Until then there is no excuse !

But till this time will come , it should be wise members and owners of Pa5X , instead of protesting all time with
well known bugs , they should help each other to discover and temporary overcome current OS issues and enjoy
playing Pa5X with current limitations and publish bugs in relative topic in order to be addressed sooner.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:

Yes, I fully appreciate Antony Sharmann and Musiccankill and others for their knowledge and feedback here.

But from any business perspective, why should this be happening?
Relate this to any other multi-thousand-dollar product and you'll see how ridiculous, unprofessional and inappropriate it is.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
davekalbach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Experts of Pa , just realize that this OS was compiled 3 days before this beta release , this by itself declares that they were rushed to release an unfinished OS !

Antony - Always appreciate your posts and sharing of information.

Where did you find this information? Is this embedded in the Code, or displayed somewhere? As I read this, I believe you are saying the OS 1.0 Release date was 6/27/22, and they shipped final product on 6/30/22?

Is this confirmed?

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Blazenko wrote:

Yes, I fully appreciate Antony Sharmann and Musiccankill and others for their knowledge and feedback here.

But from any business perspective, why should this be happening?
Relate this to any other multi-thousand-dollar product and you'll see how ridiculous, unprofessional and inappropriate it is.

Agree (first paragraph>karmathanever)...

Absolutely (second paragraph>karmathanever)
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
Where did you find this information?

Read version date from system info , mine says 27/5 , 1st of June was the actual release date of initial batch !

Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i cant hold this back, Dear Anthony. I really respect you and understand you are a Guru in this, You know that after almost 10 years .

But i also must say, Before anyone had any info about this KB 5X, some people had it for almost over 1 years in their hand that i know.¨

We had chance to explain things to KORG, even before it come out.
No one listened, to one of the guys i know had this in his hand 1 year before anyone had any info about it.

If you go in forum and search you can see some infos from me about it, and people was saying it,s fake.
Well, now, we have a KB thats not complete, or ready for Any user, including you.
Just because of that you can do some fix and tricks does not including some people never used things the KB can handle/Or will handle with an update, Like Style creating etc.

What we are after here is a Company that holds their Quality , and Promises.
For me, IF anything better is coming, in NOV/Dec from another brand, I will drop KORG, Because as you say, If you are Pro, you want more PRO things in your hand, This is for now nothing more than a New PA4X with minor ads.
You do not have better and NEW sounds, Not a new General MIDI Bank, for better sounding MIDI/Midi Karaoke and more
You do not have AUDIO OVER USB.
No Wifi for the new generation of Pedals.
Not a better and new thinking UI.
Comoon, you have far better resolution on pictures of any instrument in the IPAD aps.
Stil noise on this HUUUUUGE piano library like German Italian Japaneese or whatsoever they name it.
Listen carefully to some other sounds, They have Noise, they are not Good , and they are HUGE, for nothing!!!
And the same sound from SV series are clean and far better, SAME SOUND! they toke from Kronos/Nathilius Are not same on PA 5 X.
What is wrong with KOTG Arranger developers programmers, Why 2 Style player, make the tracks duble , instead of having 2 style player, use 16 Track, Instead of having MP3 Recorder Use wave, Instead of having the same GM Bank sounds Change it to more modern and better sounding Samples in it.
They give us 8 GB of Compressed RAM, For what? 30k Samples?
Why limits after limits.
The only thing that is new in this KB is the FX section, And WAVES.
If you pay 5K for a KB like this, you expect more, And you expect them to tell you all, Not Hide in a corner like KORG is doining now.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: