Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa700 single track midi problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmoor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Korg pa700 single track midi problem Reply with quote

Hi. I have a midi file with single, solo track. I would like to make accompaniment to that track with pa700.

Problem is that the track starts immediately, and the track is offset at start, it starts at fourth beat. IT does not start on first beat. If that makes sense. So I cant make the pa700 accompaniment to stay on track with the solo track, it is always one beat ahead.

I tried to edit the midi track with midieditor https://www.midieditor.org/

By adding empty measures to it. The idea is that I could add count in to the song and the solo track is offset by 1 and 3/4 measures.

I can hear in the midi that now it is correct, when played in computer. There are empty measures BEFORE the track starts.

BUT when I take it to the pa700, the solo track starts immediately, no empty measures are "played" by the pa700. When looking at score, i can see that the empty measures ARE there but pa700 just skips them immediately when song starts!

Is there option to NOT skip the empty bars? Or how could I achieve this?
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought...

Have you tried adding a Full Measure Rest, and a 1/4 Rest to bring you to a FULL Two measure count-in?

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
midimusa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: Korg pa700 single track midi problem Reply with quote

Hi.

Check is the "Fast Play" on or off. If it is on then playing starts from 1-st note

From Korg manual:
1 Go to the Global > Mode Preferences > Song & Seq page.
2 Select the Fast Play checkbox to let the MIDI Songs ignore the silent setup
measure at the beginning

So you can uncheck this box and try.
blackmoor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 single track midi problem Reply with quote

midimusa wrote:
Hi.

Check is the "Fast Play" on or off. If it is on then playing starts from 1-st note

From Korg manual:
1 Go to the Global > Mode Preferences > Song & Seq page.
2 Select the Fast Play checkbox to let the MIDI Songs ignore the silent setup
measure at the beginning

So you can uncheck this box and try.

Hi and thanks, that works on "Song Play" mode, then the empty measures are played okay.

But when I go to sequencer play mode (green banner) OR record (Quick record) mode, still starts the solo track immediately. It seems that the fast play is enabled in sequencer mode, even though i have disabled it in global settings Sad
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 single track midi problem Reply with quote

blackmoor wrote:
... I can hear in the midi that now it is correct, when played in computer. There are empty measures BEFORE the track starts....

If you can hear that the midi is correct when played in computer does not mean it is correct for songplay in Pa-arranger, because does not play empty measures in case of "fast play".

blackmoor wrote:
... when I go to sequencer play mode (green banner) OR record (Quick record) mode, still starts the solo track immediately. It seems that the fast play is enabled in sequencer mode, even though i have disabled it in global settings...

No, fast-play is only to activate/deactivate for songplay mode, but without effect in sequencer mode.
That is because listening a MIDI song in sequencer mode only is useful when you want to check the results of any editing carried on on the song tracks, without having to switch to the songplay mode.

Fast play checkbox not checked is made for using default Player’s settings in a silent setup measure at the beginning of a song, else that silent setup measure at the beginning is ignored in songplay mode and will start with that measure containing first Midi event.

Songplay settings in that setup measure contain different songtracks parameters (play/mute status, internal/external status, default fx A group effects, EQ settings).

If midi song contains special, individual settings in setup measure, players settings of global > Mode Preferences > Song & Seq page are overwritten. So if using checked "Fast Play" allows to use players settings of previous midi song, ignoring the individual settings of the recent SMF - and this sometimes causes confusion.

If you really want to start songplay with Fast-play and with "empty" measures, insert a dummy Midi event (maybe a note with volume zero) in the first empty measure.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
midimusa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject: Korg pa700 single track midi problem Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:

If you really want to start songplay with Fast-play and with "empty" measures, insert a dummy Midi event (maybe a note with volume zero) in the first empty measure.

For recording you can place in the first beat a note as signature that you can hear and later just delete it.
blackmoor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 single track midi problem Reply with quote

midimusa wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:

For recording you can place in the first beat a note as signature that you can hear and later just delete it.

With midieditor I added 0 volume one note to the track start, and that did it, now Korg plays it correctly Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: