Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firmware update issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazz71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Firmware update issue Reply with quote

Hi, i am trying to run a firmware update on my Minilogue XD Module, but when i run the updater it just keeps saying device not found.

The Minilogue XD works perfectly with Ableton & its driver appears in slot 6 of my USB drivers, so it clearly is being seen by Windows & is usable & working with Ableton, so why wont the firmware updater see it & keeps returning a 'device not found' message.

My driver version is showing as 1.15.00.03 which was installed using the latest driver tools install 115_r45e, so as far as i can see i am running the latest Windows drivers for my 64bit Windows 10 operating system.

Anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the Monologue been started up whilst holding down the 14 and 16 buttons, in order to put it in update mode, before starting the kmupdate.exe program?

The updater is looking for a specific response from the Monologue, which will only be produced when the Monologue is in update mode.

mazz71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi voip, yes i made sure it was in the correct mode by starting it up while holding down those buttons & the screen confirms its in the correct mode.

I then launch the kmupdate.exe program & get the message 'device not found'

But if i go into Ableton i can control & use the XD module perfectly, so windows must be seeing it or else i wouldnt be able to play & control it in Ableton.

Any other ideas?

Looking through the forum it seems some other users have had a similar issue, but there's been no responses or solutions suggested.

The whole software side of things seems very buggy at the moment, must admit i've never experienced such an awkward device.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably Ableton isn't running. Might there be any other process in the background that might be using MIDI resources?

mazz71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, Ableton isnt running & i also tried disconnecting all other usb devices apart from the minilogue xd, just in case & it still gives the device not found message.
slug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive found sometimes the order can be an issue, so ensure you try both ways ie launch the app first then start the Monologue in update mode next, or vice versa. Good luck.
mazz71

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion slug, i tried that, but unfortunately it still didnt work.

I eventually got it to work by connecting it to a different computer.

It seems like the critical step BEFORE you install the korg drivers is to just connect the minilogue xd to a USB port & switch it on, then windows seems to load some king of generic driver allowing the minilogue to be recognised by windows 10. You then install the actual korg drivers after that. Once i had done things in that order the kmupdate.exe firmware update program saw the minilougue when i switched it on in update mode & the firmware was installed.

So i have it working on that computer, the only problem is its not my studio computer & even when i fully unistall the Korg drivers on my studio computer i cant seem to get windows to do that first step outlined above & load its generic windows driver first. Does anyone know if there is somehow a way to re-set so that this computer thinks its the first time the miniloughe has been connected to it & loads that generic windows driver first? I'm sure if i could get it to do that & then follow the same process as i did on my other computer i should be able to get things working correctly.
jax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the KORG USB drivers extremely buggy.

I am on a MacBook Pro and also have this issue. Often the USB driver just crashes. It does not even initialise correctly, each time the Minilogue xd is powered up or gone to sleep…

Just try to plug out and in again the usb cable, in my case this helps and recreates the connection. Although I do not know, whether this will work on a Windows machine too. On the Mac it actually does. But it drives me crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: