Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here we go again...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="musiccankill"][quote="worth"]I don’t post often on this forum but I have to respond to this nonsense .

Loving korg products is something we all share in common.

I have been a korg user for over 14 years . I understand loyalty to the company .

But this is disgusting . It is not negativity for consumers / customers and potential customers to express their justified dissatisfaction with a very very expensive product that was clearly released before major functions were programmed, tested and operational.

This is actually good feed back . It helps prevent actual financial fraud .

And make no mistake that what korg is committing here is financial fraud .

They are deliberately selling an incomplete product as complete , taking clients money and then hinting that in fact the product will be finished at some point in the future . An honest company would tell their customers up front that the product they were releasing is still in its testing phase so marketed functions don’t work. Buy at your own risk .

And someone is offended that customers have the audacity to call out this fraud on a public korg forum ???

If you love the product continue to love it . What logic is there in complaining that other people are expressing a different opinion of the product than you ???

I am not offended by your positivity towards the product or the company . It’s your money and your choice .

But it is a little unfair to criticise others who genuinely and correctly expected a fully functioning product from the date it was released as such .

It is low expectations of the quality of the product that enabled korg to fraudulently push out a low quality ,not quite ready for the market product , to the market .

This horrible buiness practise needs to stop .

If this sounds harsh . You haven’t heard me in person. It sounds much worse .[/quote]

As i can clearly see, you are referring to me and i m not offended too by any means by you or anybody!

Well , as i said, i DON'T agree with what korg does ,just like you don't agree too, and nobody should agree with any company that does such things no matter how much they like any product or not!

What i said here, is that the same story has happened again and almost nobody seems to have learnt anything!

Of course we should advice others to prevent them from making a mistake.
Of course we should be against any company that does these type of things.
Of course we should express our disappointment.
But there is a certain stage that it goes beyond that into ranting and negativity without any foreseeable benefit...
And as i was writing this post , i felt that for me it got past this and while i am always trying to help here with any issue i may be able to help with (unfortunately i don't work for korg to be able to provide more "inside" help so i m restricted to what i learnt myself or found out by looking inside my personally bought and owned keyboards) , it started taking me away from enjoyment of the keyboard itself.
It is korg who should be doing what i m trying to do anyway but i like helping others with what i can help with (i don't know everything or have all the resources or inside info so i m limited to that extend)....

Hope i didn't offend anybody as this wasn't my intention in the first place!

Take care people and enjoy your keyboards and music in general![/quote]

I love the fact that you are helpful and willing to help others with their struggles using these complex instruments . Thats admirable .

but you cant criticise customers who complain about a product that has been mis sold to them. What happened in the past were minor niggles and issues with continuity of functions from one new keyboard to the next new keyboard .

This is entirely different !

We buy these "All in one " instruments for convenience . We have great styles, great sounds , incredible editing features, a fully fledged sequencer ,a detailed sampler, all integrated into a relatively easy to use operating system and interface .

And we pay a high premium for this multi-use product. We know that each separate component part could be bought for a fraction of the cost but we pay the huge extra for that ease of use.

if you are happy to pay 100% of the cost of your keyboard upfront ,for 60% of the product now with the balance to be produced at some undefined point in time in the future at korgs choosing ,or even not at all ,then thats your choice .

But most people quite rightly are ticked off that they paid 100% for a product up front only to receive 60% of it . Where is the fully featured sequencer ? Where is the detailed editabilty to create your own styles or adapt styles to your precise tastes ?

I don't care that some may believe that this has always been the case, that there will be issues in the beginning to be worked out later. That simply tells me that they are willing to let others pay the costs , discover the bugs , complain ,have the issues corrected , or not as the case may be for them to benefit from the guinea pigs .

Customers should never have to be guinea pigs .....especially loyal customers paying a premium for a product that is meant to give hem joy.

if reading feedback (which you feel is negative) brings you down because you really enjoy the 60% of the instrument Korg graciously gave you , then simply don't read it .

Just scroll on to the positive stuff if you can find it .

I hope you understand that I am not angry at you . I am angry at Korg . Folks including me have waited 7 years for this instrument and what they have provided and how they have handled themselves is scandalous.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill is a highly technical guy and always posts info backed with test results and technical facts. The reason I'm saying all this is that when you have an experienced user, people tend to look up to that person and make decisions based on that. It happens all the time. That's where it gets a little dangerous. Luckily he's a very reasonable guy and his position on the instrument was crystal clear before anyone could even buy the Pa5x.

Having said that, I also think Korg should've sold the instrument with some type of warning in place.

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:

Having said that, I also think Korg should've sold the instrument with some type of warning in place.

Thank you very much for your kind words and i have to 1000000% agree on that!!!

I really can't understand why they just went out and said that it has 4Gb of ram when the first os clearly had 2.5Gb available during the whole testing phase and the release os..
That is NOT a bug by any chance and can't be justified as one under any conditions...
There were even videos or photos (i don't remember) from the beta that was showing 2.5Gb and the first time i saw the release os it was still 2.5Gb...
Thankfully an image from a newer beta os exists and it shows 4Gb so eventually it will get enabled, hopefully on the next update (i don't have the beta os unfortunately to be able to 100% confirm and even if i had it, every beta os needs a key activation based on each keyboard serial number so i would only be able to look at the files anyway) .

Now as for the thing about the people that bought it (@worth mentioned), they have EVERY right to go against korg about the situation!
As i wrote, i wrote mostly about people that haven't even touched it yet , let alone buy it...
And even about that , i just wrote that it changes nothing about what the keyboard is and will be if they are writing and getting angry in a forum through a keyboard.If somebody wants something to happen , we need to take action...Writing once or twice with (justified but worthless) negativity about something is ok but when it gets more repetitive than the bugs themselves , something is not going ok in my opinion...

Also , lets say this gets continued for months and finally korg decides to not do what they were about to do because of the negative hype that has built up...
That will be a loss for everybody , not only korg...
A lot of keyboards have already been sold and everything suggests that the hardware is more than capable enough as well as the software can become more than good enough as it already shows very good signs and the sound is awesome.
Plus is that they gone over the expectations this time and added way too many new features compared to any other model upgrade on release.
3x to 4x was not such a big upgrade feature wise on release..It had less memory (as it didn't support compression even on specs), no digital output (spdif) , only 1 more efx slot, not upgraded at all synth engine , some more new efx, better sound of course and streaming on factory (i m sorry if i forget anything important)..
4x to 5x already has 2 extra audio outputs, usb3, bigger/higher res screen, SST, more than double the efx slots ( more than triple + if you take into account the double player and keyboard set effects), almost double the ram (even with the 2.5Gb it currently has),even better sound clarity and stereo image, stereo oscillators , more polyphony (even when using the stereo oscillators), way more sample slots , finalizer on style , matrix pads, assignable favorite buttons for keyboard sets, dual sd slots , upgraded GUI , round robin on drums and maybe i m forgetting more too here...

So to conclude...
TO ANY PERSON WILLING TO BUY IT:
DON'T do it currently if you can't afford keeping your old keyboard as it is not stable enough to support a full live show.
If you don't plan on playing live with it or can keep your old one for some time for that type of work, feel free to get it as it is a huge upgrade even in its current state and ,even though i m not working at korg or have any connection with them , i m pretty positive that in the following 6-8 months, it will be stable enough for work too.

TO ANYBODY THAT HAS IT ALREADY (including myself):
Hope you enjoy it as it is currently and you kept your old one to play.
If not, i would get a backup keyboard (even a pa300 would do the job i believe) in case the 5x hangs while live (mine hasn't yet crashed while playing , only while writing a style or editing a converted style as it seems there are some bugs on the conversion routines).
I would suggest to NOT start making/setting up your KSTs yet as there is a chance we ll have to convert again our sets due to the bugs that exist and so effectively may have to start over when the updates that fix the issues get ready and released...

And to anybody in general,
Lets enjoy music no matter which keyboard we have.
Pa5x will get fixed as every keyboard got fixed sooner or later by korg and we ll all enjoy it till pa6x time comes and we start over again hahahaha.
Life is too short to get negative inside us.
BUT we shouldn't stop mentioning anything wrong with it and if needed (lets say they decide to abandon the keyboard for example which i m 99.99999999% sure would never happen), go against them legally and not behind a screen where nothing positive really can or will happen.

If i find anything else that i ll be able to share i ll start a new topic to inform you about it.

Hope i didn't bother you all way too much with my post here.

Enjoy,
Theo

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Sam CA wrote:

Thank you very much for your kind words and i have to 1000000% agree on that!!!

I really can't understand why they just went out and said that it has 4Gb of ram when the first os clearly had 2.5Gb available during the whole testing phase and the release os..
That is NOT a bug by any chance and can't be justified as one under any conditions...
There were even videos or photos (i don't remember) from the beta that was showing 2.5Gb and the first time i saw the release os it was still 2.5Gb...
Thankfully an image from a newer beta os exists and it shows 4Gb so eventually it will get enabled, hopefully on the next update (i don't have the beta os unfortunately to be able to 100% confirm and even if i had it, every beta os needs a key activation based on each keyboard serial number so i would only be able to look at the files anyway) .

Now as for the thing about the people that bought it (@worth mentioned), they have EVERY right to go against korg about the situation!
As i wrote, i wrote mostly about people that haven't even touched it yet , let alone buy it...
And even about that , i just wrote that it changes nothing about what the keyboard is and will be if they are writing and getting angry in a forum through a keyboard.If somebody wants something to happen , we need to take action...Writing once or twice with (justified but worthless) negativity about something is ok but when it gets more repetitive than the bugs themselves , something is not going ok in my opinion...

Also , lets say this gets continued for months and finally korg decides to not do what they were about to do because of the negative hype that has built up...
That will be a loss for everybody , not only korg...
A lot of keyboards have already been sold and everything suggests that the hardware is more than capable enough as well as the software can become more than good enough as it already shows very good signs and the sound is awesome.
Plus is that they gone over the expectations this time and added way too many new features compared to any other model upgrade on release.
3x to 4x was not such a big upgrade feature wise on release..It had less memory (as it didn't support compression even on specs), no digital output (spdif) , only 1 more efx slot, not upgraded at all synth engine , some more new efx, better sound of course and streaming on factory (i m sorry if i forget anything important)..
4x to 5x already has 2 extra audio outputs, usb3, bigger/higher res screen, SST, more than double the efx slots ( more than triple + if you take into account the double player and keyboard set effects), almost double the ram (even with the 2.5Gb it currently has),even better sound clarity and stereo image, stereo oscillators , more polyphony (even when using the stereo oscillators), way more sample slots , finalizer on style , matrix pads, assignable favorite buttons for keyboard sets, dual sd slots , upgraded GUI , round robin on drums and maybe i m forgetting more too here...

So to conclude...
TO ANY PERSON WILLING TO BUY IT:
DON'T do it currently if you can't afford keeping your old keyboard as it is not stable enough to support a full live show.
If you don't plan on playing live with it or can keep your old one for some time for that type of work, feel free to get it as it is a huge upgrade even in its current state and ,even though i m not working at korg or have any connection with them , i m pretty positive that in the following 6-8 months, it will be stable enough for work too.

TO ANYBODY THAT HAS IT ALREADY (including myself):
Hope you enjoy it as it is currently and you kept your old one to play.
If not, i would get a backup keyboard (even a pa300 would do the job i believe) in case the 5x hangs while live (mine hasn't yet crashed while playing , only while writing a style or editing a converted style as it seems there are some bugs on the conversion routines).
I would suggest to NOT start making/setting up your KSTs yet as there is a chance we ll have to convert again our sets due to the bugs that exist and so effectively may have to start over when the updates that fix the issues get ready and released...

And to anybody in general,
Lets enjoy music no matter which keyboard we have.
Pa5x will get fixed as every keyboard got fixed sooner or later by korg and we ll all enjoy it till pa6x time comes and we start over again hahahaha.
Life is too short to get negative inside us.
BUT we shouldn't stop mentioning anything wrong with it and if needed (lets say they decide to abandon the keyboard for example which i m 99.99999999% sure would never happen), go against them legally and not behind a screen where nothing positive really can or will happen.

If i find anything else that i ll be able to share i ll start a new topic to inform you about it.

Hope i didn't bother you all way too much with my post here.

Enjoy,
Theo

Thank you Theo for your Fair and Honest Appraisal...

((((((Now over to you Korg make it Happen))))))

P.s.... Korg I know you are reading this so please don't forget > A Public Relations Exercise would serve you well...

Over and Out > (D575)

Last edited by D575 on Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@musiccankill,

I am still working with my Pa4X, very happy with it, even despite some unfixed bugs since the first day even with OS Next but it didn't stop me to gig 2 or 3 times per week regularly.

Agreed completely with what you said.
It's a pleasure to have the knowledgeable and honest people like you and many other members here in our forum.

I hope Korg reads these posts and learns lessons regarding Pa5X and as I've already mentioned in a post, collaborates with
our knowledgeable members here for any keyboard arranger testing or improvement, etc...
samk323

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on both sides. I love Korg products, and I know that any new instrument that comes out, no matter what brand is expected to have bugs. But like everyone said, Korg should have at least mention the issues users are experiencing, and that an update or something is on the way to resolve the bugs.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Musiccankill, You are the one who always help us here, So Respect.
Korg is KORG, we need to undarstand that even the 3 X has the Bugs not fixed 100%.

There is One thing we miss here, The person behind all this , SHARP, If we did not have a place like this, What would we do then?
I mean, No one else responds,

Like some one says it here , KORG, say something, Thats best for you.
To much silence is not good...

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:12 am    Post subject: won't change Reply with quote

IMOP

Korg Have Their Hooks In Us .We won't change...Us creature of habit...Korg can be Silence...

just saying....i could be wrong
Crying or Very sad
ikspeel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The silence of the korg
new episode starts On 30/6/2022 😁😁😀
Blazenko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the following situation.

The Korg Pa1000 is currently not available, at least in Germany, and when asked, the dealers say that this has to do with the global supply bottlenecks for electronic components.
That should also affect the Pa5X.

So why the heck is Korg releasing an unfinished (and unavailable) product in such a difficult situation?

Korg could easily have taken a few more months to improve the operating system and then released a solid Pa5X.

In the meantime, the operating system of the Pa1000 and Pa4X could have been improved or expanded to keep customers happy...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
I don't understand the following situation.

The Korg Pa1000 is currently not available, at least in Germany, and when asked, the dealers say that this has to do with the global supply bottlenecks for electronic components.
That should also affect the Pa5X.

So why the heck is Korg releasing an unfinished (and unavailable) product in such a difficult situation?

Korg could easily have taken a few more months to improve the operating system and then released a solid Pa5X.

In the meantime, the operating system of the Pa1000 and Pa4X could have been improved or expanded to keep customers happy...

Perhaps for financial reasons, which for many companies (Post Coivd) has became a difficult climate to operating in...

I would imagine they formulated a strategy looking at component availability, timelines and production schedules and decided after looking at past trends (this would be applicable across all Korg product lines) where Korg would understand when a New Product comes out (acording to consumer purchasing trends) there would generally be a rush for something New and this will then create a Revenue Spike...

This would indicate a few things to me.... "A Hypothesis" >

They may have a Great Need to Generate Revenue to continue there survival, or.....Shareholders are becoming a Little Greedy...

All of which is a Gamble when it comes to Korgs Reputation when considering the Premature Release of PA5X.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I read all of these messages - and thank you to Musiccankill for the topic post.

I really have to say - I'm glad I purchased my 5X. I don't perform for a living and therefore I can live with these bugs/deficiencies as the OS grows.

But this brings me back to something a friend of mine in the computer industry said to me.

(Paraphrased) - Never download the new releases on your products, iPhone, Mac, Windows, etc. Wait a few weeks and look at the reviews before downloading - people always find bugs the developer didn't...

Now - this isn't a Musical Instrument developer we are talking about here. These are the BIG Boys in the world of computers. If ALL of their new releases have bugs after their extensive testing - how can we hold KORG's feet so close to the fire?

Personally I believe these are just growing pains. I'd rather KORG put the instrument in the hands of the user, so we can help them refine it and USE it NOW, than have KORG waited another year to launch the keyboard with fewer bugs, as there still would have been bugs they didn't catch.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
(Paraphrased) - Never download the new releases on your products, iPhone, Mac, Windows, etc. Wait a few weeks and look at the reviews before downloading - people always find bugs the developer didn't...

Microsoft taught us this lesson. Look at their major release disasters - they survived thanks to monopoly in the industry.
Microsoft had to test their OS with many different hardware manufacturers. Apple has always been better as they produce the hardware and software (no 3rd party issues).
davekalbach wrote:
Now - this isn't a Musical Instrument developer we are talking about here. These are the BIG Boys in the world of computers. If ALL of their new releases have bugs after their extensive testing - how can we hold KORG's feet so close to the fire?

There is no difference - they are creating and selling a computer that makes music - hardware and OS.
They are BIG BOYS in a different way - iPhones don't cost thousands of dollars.
davekalbach wrote:
Personally I believe these are just growing pains. I'd rather KORG put the instrument in the hands of the user, so we can help them refine it and USE it NOW, than have KORG waited another year to launch the keyboard with fewer bugs, as there still would have been bugs they didn't catch.

The growing (and financial) pains are the customers, not the vendor's.
The simple fact here is that their "Acceptance Testing" project development phases are inadequately planned and clearly not completed. Of course there will be bugs but this current state of the PA5x is way beyond bugs - it is incomplete! There is no excuse other than seriously inadequate testing and Q/A control probably due to marketing pressure to get some money in the bank - and at who's expense????!!!!!!

I'm staying out of this now but had to reply here having been in this industry for very many years...

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davekalbach wrote:
As I read all of these messages - and thank you to Musiccankill for the topic post.

I really have to say - I'm glad I purchased my 5X. I don't perform for a living and therefore I can live with these bugs/deficiencies as the OS grows.

But this brings me back to something a friend of mine in the computer industry said to me.

Humm... I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one Dave (i hope no offence taken) I am not sure comparing Korg to the big boys (as you call them) is comparable here...

I say this because Korg has a much smaller niche market compared to your comparison and this will always be a much more fragile market if you get thing wrong especially with a New Flagship Product like PA5X...

Then when you consider importantly, Money is generally becoming a lot tighter for many lately and we have to include here a sharp price increase seen this time round (And I am also told the price may still go up again)...

You would think considering all this, Korg would Pay Special Attention to past criticisms when releasing something as New as PA5X (Quote: Designed from the Ground Up) which for any company would be a Important Release...

Then considering how Quickly PA5X customers where finding issues as they did (this includes people inside there own fold who also had lists as long as your arm a week after its release who where never approached to test this New Important Flagship Instrument) shows me and the World that a lot of the extensive criticism this time round could have been Very Much Avoided and should of been sorted out behind closed doors and not in the public domain as we have seen, and again.. this shows a failing in the Management from a Beta testing point view and is only going to damage Korg who I don't think can afford this type of criticism much longer where it is also obvious to me that loyal and returning customers are becoming Tired of this.

Now if you are personally happy with all this Dave then that is absolutely fine, BUT...also try to understand for many of Korg customers this is Not Fine...

And as for growing pains?... Then I think this feels more like a Chronic case of "Osgood-Schlatter disease" for many PA5X Owners.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Humm... I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one Dave (i hope no offence taken) I am not sure comparing Korg to the big boys (as you call them) is comparable here...

Please - no worries at ALL. I think I am mostly un-offendable. We all have opinions and that is good, so long as we all don't try so hard to force others to convert to our own beliefs. I welcome the input and feedback from all of you on the forum....

D575 wrote:
And as for growing pains?... Then I think this feels more like a Chronic case of "Osgood-Schlatter disease" for many PA5X Owners.

LOL - Had to go look that one up, but once I was there (Google) I remembered Osgood-Schlatter, as my right knee has a slight bump at the top of the tibia most likely a result of the aforementioned... Razz

Pete wrote:

karmathanever wrote:
Apple has always been better as they produce the hardware and software (no 3rd party issues).

Very true - but my computer friend was actually referring to Apple when he said this, specifically OS, and iOS releases.

I had been with the Microsoft Camp for years, until I saw the difference with Apple products quality (hope this doesn't start a new debate....) with how Apple manages their product due to closed architecture (if thats the best word)

karmathanever wrote:
They are BIG BOYS in a different way - iPhones don't cost thousands of dollars.

My last phone was nearly $1500 back in 2018, and it's just a phone. Roughly 1/4 of the price I paid for the Pa5X. Unfortunately you guys are getting killed on price, I imagine due to shipping and possible import fees to Australia.

karmathanever wrote:
The growing (and financial) pains are the customers, not the vendor's.
The simple fact here is that their "Acceptance Testing" project development phases are inadequately planned and clearly not completed. Of course there will be bugs but this current state of the PA5x is way beyond bugs - it is incomplete! There is no excuse other than seriously inadequate testing and Q/A control probably due to marketing pressure to get some money in the bank - and at who's expense????!!!!!!

AGREE Wholeheartedly with ALL!!!

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: