Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never…
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
bump

What's here to 'bump'?

Nemydom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Blazenko wrote:
bump

What's here to 'bump'?

It's an important topic, and definitely deserves the 'bump'. There are so many complaints about pa5x, not only here, but on different Facebook groups.
I have pa5x musikant on preorder, and if the community decides there is enough reason to boycott this model until Korg release a proper OS, I would happily cancel my pre-order!
It's 21 century now, and the community has enough resources to make a change! We just need to recognize ourselves as not a "stupid society", but as real influencers. That means not to be afraid of "strong" words. If you believe pa5x is not good enough to be released as it is, let's boycott by returning and canceling our preorders. Let's at least discuss it!

P.S. Keep in mind, that going in this direction is a win-win situation. We can't make it worse than it is, or worse than it's gonna be. So, please, please don't consider it a "hater's" approach, it's not.
Blazenko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemydom wrote:
Sam CA wrote:
Blazenko wrote:
bump

What's here to 'bump'?

It's an important topic, and definitely deserves the 'bump'. There are so many complaints about pa5x, not only here, but on different Facebook groups.
I have pa5x musikant on preorder, and if the community decides there is enough reason to boycott this model until Korg release a proper OS, I would happily cancel my pre-order!
It's 21 century now, and the community has enough resources to make a change! We just need to recognize ourselves as not a "stupid society", but as real influencers. That means not to be afraid of "strong" words. If you believe pa5x is not good enough to be released as it is, let's boycott by returning and canceling our preorders. Let's at least discuss it!

P.S. Keep in mind, that going in this direction is a win-win situation. We can't make it worse than it is, or worse than it's gonna be. So, please, please don't consider it a "hater's" approach, it's not.

100% 👍
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully undarstand that this keyboard is an unfinished piece!
I still like the concept,
There is a huge work behind it.
It’s sounds really good but, when it comes to the creativity, at the moment with the os we are very limited.

I know in somehow the Korg try’s to fix this and make it fully working soon.
At least I REALLY HOPE!

In the end, all will be fine I hope 🤞

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Nemydom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa4x description:
"The Pa4X relies on KORG’s advanced EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded) sound engine"

Pa5x description:
"Pa5X introduces the EDS-XP (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – Expanded) sound-engine"

UNBELIEVABLE.

>>>
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemydom wrote:
Pa4x description:
"The Pa4X relies on KORG’s advanced EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded) sound engine"

Pa5x description:
"Pa5X introduces the EDS-XP (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – Expanded) sound-engine"

UNBELIEVABLE.

>>>

Agree. I found the same and was wondering whether it's just another f*ck*ng acronym for an old feature or it is really a new engine with a slightly altered old f*ck*ng acronym... Confused
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XP - XPensive Confused
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazenko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some of us saw it coming...

Not for nothing did Korg behave so suspiciously and strangely in the run-up to the "introduction" of the Pa5X.
iOpus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
Well, some of us saw it coming...

Not for nothing did Korg behave so suspiciously and strangely in the run-up to the "introduction" of the Pa5X.

Yes thats right.
At one time I thought it was fake information, there is nothing on the Korg website and some stores are already praising it and selling it. And I'm blind, run to provide it, so that it doesn't run out.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
Blazenko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy bump

…for all potential customers….
usaraiya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what does "Bump" mean?
Smile
Uday
iOpus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
Smile
Uday

Bump, maybe is - I want to say, I don't know how to say.. Maybe is- I want to buy it so much but I'm afraid. Smile

It is not true that it is the same as it was when Pa4x came out.
Earlier I wrote here that my transition from Pa3x to Pa4x took a day and a half.
This is another situation now. Who would have hoped that Korg was starting out as a first-time keyboard manufacturer.
If we didn't buy and told about the situation (or kept silent like those first testers on YouTube) All of you or at least most of you would run with the money to the front of the store.
That's why it's good that there are people like us.
Korg has failed so much after so much experience with the PA series And I wish it will come back to them badly, but...
but I just enjoy the noticeably different sound I hear on my sound system.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOpus wrote:
usaraiya wrote:
Smile
Uday

Bump, maybe is - I want to say, I don't know how to say.. Maybe is- I want to buy it so much but I'm afraid. Smile

It is not true that it is the same as it was when Pa4x came out.
Earlier I wrote here that my transition from Pa3x to Pa4x took a day and a half.
This is another situation now. Who would have hoped that Korg was starting out as a first-time keyboard manufacturer.
If we didn't buy and told about the situation (or kept silent like those first testers on YouTube) All of you or at least most of you would run with the money to the front of the store.
That's why it's good that there are people like us.
Korg has failed so much after so much experience with the PA series And I wish it will come back to them badly, but...
but I just enjoy the noticeably different sound I hear on my sound system.

Did you buy the pa4x day 1 as now with the pa5x?
Cause i had bought it less than 6 months into its life and it was crashing all day , had less memory than 3x , compatibility issues everywhere and a lot of random restarts...
A lot of friends also had the known display not closing issue that was a generic fault on the first 4x production runs.
Yet pa4x evolved to be way superior to the pa3x in every possible way...

But i agree with you that they failed with pa5x too and it is more immature compared to 4x release.
BUT it sounds better than then 4x already , has more memory already, not crashing all the time (at least i only got 1 crash in the entire time i own it since 30 june).
Yes it has unimplemented features yet that will eventually , as always, get implemented/fixed but it is not in an extremely bad working shape.
I wouldn't go to work with it still though as v1.00 can't be stable on any machine and here we already know that this os is unfinished given a lot of things like , missing pages, not working functions that seem to exist (like timeslice) , etc....

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
iOpus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention that mine Pa4x was the first to enter my country, here was the second Pa4x. After two to three weeks the display stopped locking and the lower right corner of the screen started to peel off. I glued it myself with glue for mobile displays from Aliexpress. I had my Pa4x for 7 years. Two years ago I replaced the volume potentiometer myself because it started to fail. I haven't had any other problem. There were problems with the first operating system but I was able to work with the band immediately.
Now the situation is catastrophic. Besides the many bugs, not often but it happens that my Pa5x freezes for a while and restarts. Unstable and rushed operating system.
Korg returned to the first grade of elementary school. Since a cat ate their tongue, we can only wonder and guess why that is.
If one had called here on this forum from the Korg team (even if it gave false hope), the damage to them would have been less. Smile
Another thing scares me. Let this scenario not happen to us.
Many years ago Microsoft rushed Windows 8, and tried an 8.1 upgrade, and when they realized how wrong they were, they gave up. They switched to Windows 10. Smile
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
:)
Uday

Bump is just a way of bringing a thread to the attention of the forum, by making it the most recent post.

It is often used in threads that have not been replied to for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: