Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change program on a sequencer track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckyluca

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: How to change program on a sequencer track Reply with quote

I saw an awesome feature when playing the demo songs:
program changes in a track during playback.

This efficiently allows using more than one S bank instrument (albeit at different times) during a song.

I read the manual but can’t seem to find a way to induce a change bank /program and having it stick in a track.

How do you accomplish this?

Thanks
L
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it works the same way on Trinity, but on the Triton a program change can be recorded into a track by simply selecting a different program in that track while recording in sequencer mode. If you already have note data on the track you want to keep, use "Overdub" and record the program change in the measure you want as it's playing back and recording. If necessary, you can then use Event Edit to adjust the exact timing when you want the program change to occur.

Another way is to use "Create Control Data" with the appropriate byte sequence for CC#, Bank, Program, LSB, MSB, etc. for a program change. I prefer the direct recording method above - let the keyboard figure it out!
luckyluca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
Not sure if it works the same way on Trinity, but on the Triton a program change can be recorded into a track by simply selecting a different program in that track while recording in sequencer mode. If you already have note data on the track you want to keep, use "Overdub" and record the program change in the measure you want as it's playing back and recording. If necessary, you can then use Event Edit to adjust the exact timing when you want the program change to occur.

Another way is to use "Create Control Data" with the appropriate byte sequence for CC#, Bank, Program, LSB, MSB, etc. for a program change. I prefer the direct recording method above - let the keyboard figure it out!

Thanks! I’m away, will test it as soon as i’m back!

EDIT: overdub works like a charm, thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: