Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Foot Pedal with 6pin DIN 45322, Kronos takes 5pin DIN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVikLink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject: Midi Foot Pedal with 6pin DIN 45322, Kronos takes 5pin DIN Reply with quote

I recently bought the Thomann EC5. I was blindly trusting it to connect to my Kronos, since the manufacturer of the pedal is Korg. But the pedal has a 6pin DIN male connector, and Kronos has a 5pin DIN female input, so I can’t connect it. Been searching the web for solutions to the problem. Seems it might be doable to run it through Arduino, but I’m hoping for an easier solution. Thought I could post the question here as a final hail mary.

Thanks in advance.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the EC5 is for KORG Pa1X, Pa2X, Pa3X and Pa4X only!

Regards,
Dimitris
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EC5 pedal is a simple switch device, designed to complement Korg arrangers, like the Pa4x (though NOT the Pa5x). The EC5 doesn't send MIDI data, which is what the Kronos MIDI in, out, and thru ports are intended for. A couple of the EC5's contacts could be utilised for the Kronos' Damper and Switch inputs, with suitable adapter cables, or alternatively a switch contact to MIDI converter (e.g. Arduino, suitably configured, or MIDI-Solutions F8) could be employed, if the ability to use all 5 pedals is desired. Again, adapter cables would be required.

TheVikLink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both Dimitris and voip. I will search for 6pin DIN female to jack adapter. This was of tremendous help.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half an hour with a couple of DIN plugs/sockets and a multimeter and you can probably make your own, easily enough Smile
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVikLink wrote:
Thanks to both Dimitris and voip. I will search for 6pin DIN female to jack adapter. This was of tremendous help.

It's unlikely any such cables would be available off the shelf. They would need to be custom made.
samriccijr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://silverhawk33.tripod.com/id19.html

I built one of these for a Korg Prophecy. 5 switches and a common ground. You can make a breakout box with as many inputs you may need.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: