Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to NOT over-write sounds when installing EXs libraries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject: How to NOT over-write sounds when installing EXs libraries? Reply with quote

When installing EXs or KRS sounds I do know how to change the default bank location (when I want to avoid over-writing a bank) for either programs OR combinations.

However, how do I do this when there are both programs AND combinations in an EXs that I’m installing?

For example, I would like to install EXs55. The default locations for this expansion is bank “t” for programs and bank “N” for combinations.

However, I already have something else loaded at combi bank N, which I do not want to over-write.

The load PCG screen only provides the opportunity to change the bank location for either programs or combinations, but not both. That is you can change the bank location if the EXs has only programs or has only combinations.

However, what to do when the EXs has both programs AND combinations (as EXs55 does)?

If I change the bank location for EXs55 it only changes the program bank location, resulting in the combination bank being over-written.

What is the procedure/solution for this issue?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our friend Michel Keijzers made a great tool to manage your banks and keep the combi structure.
Free download here:
http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/index.html

Thank you Michel !
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:
Our friend Michel Keijzers made a great tool to manage your banks and keep the combi structure.
Free download here:
http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/index.html

Thank you Michel !

Thank you. However, I am on Mac and this tools is only for Windows.

Are you aware of a similar tool for Mac?
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use MAC but for PCG tools I use my kid laptop. No need a hi performance Pc to run PCG tools. Any Win 10 work perfect.
We have a solution to move the data manually using change all banks reference from Global but have to take care of Programs, WS location, User DT pattern location and more.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:
I also use MAC but for PCG tools I use my kid laptop. No need a hi performance Pc to run PCG tools. Any Win 10 work perfect.
We have a solution to move the data manually using change all banks reference from Global but have to take care of Programs, WS location, User DT pattern location and more.

Thanks, Dan.

No Windows machines available in my family.

I will research doing it manually.
icecoldrocker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Load the Previous Sounds to A Different BANK Reply with quote

Trust me I was perplexed so much that I walked a-way from the Nautilus and thought for a while Smile

what you want to do is when you are prompted to load the sounds it will state load sounds to bank "t" have the sounds that are ALREADY in bank "t" to move / load to bank "s" then load the other sounds in to that bank "t". Let me know if it works I have to EXs loaded in-to the Nautilus and followed that protocol Wink
Korg Trinity Pro 🚀 🙂
Korg Triton Extreme 😮
Korg M3 🤔
Korg Nautilus 👑
Korg Gadget ❤️
Cubase Pro 🚀
Reason 11❤️🇸🇪
Logic Pro 💟
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: