Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mircoarranger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdeG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject: Mircoarranger Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Microarranger and I am not always able to save everything I want to a performance.

I created already some performances which start with an intro. These work fine, when I select the performance, intro 1 is on.

But now I saved another performance and the intro 1 selection is not saved, but the sounds, effects and rhythm itself are...

also (and that counts for every performance I save) the status of the synchro start button and the "style change" buttons are not saved in a performance, so even before I select a performance , I have to push these buttons every time before I can play....

Anyone an idea?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mircoarranger Reply with quote

AdeG wrote:
.. the status of the synchro start button and the "style change" buttons are not saved in a performance, so even before I select a performance, I have to push these buttons every time before I can play....

It is true - but also useful for a practical workflow, that "Style Change" and "Synchro Start" are not saved as a Performance for the following reasons:

A Performance is primarily suitable for saving the settings of the realtime tracks (KeyboardSounds Upper1 - 3, Lower).
If you want to play a song with one style with some different performances, it is a hindrance if not only the realtime tracks but also the style with all its settings are changed through an active "Style Change". With each change of performance there would be an ugly break in style. In order to be able to play a style continuously with several different registrations, it is practical not to activate style change for it.

A Performance also saves the settings of the Style tracks with all program parameters of the Style. However, these only become active if "Style Change" has been manually activated for them. If you intend to start a style with a certain tempo, with a certain intro and variation, then it make sense to activate style change for the start of a piece of music and after them select the corresponding performance. The Performance with the real-time tracks and the settings is then ready to be played back with style and realtime tracks - but before you start (regardless of whether it is manual or via synchro), deactivate Style Change again so that you can switch between several different Performances with the set Style without interruption without changing the settings of the style. This would be fatal in all cases, for example if the next style of a performance were saved with a different tempo or with an intro, and ending etc resulting in an ugly interruption in the current style!

In practice, you only change to a running style with an active "Style Change" if the next performance is saved with a related similar or the same style - and at least without an intro but at best with a fill and the same tempo is.
In a performance, the style element that is active at the time of saving is always saved. This can be an intro or a variation or a fill-in with a transition to a certain variation or an ending. Each time for the entry or with running style after selection of a performance with "Style Change" that style-parameters will be activated (or only keyboard-sounds will change, when StyleChange is not active). This means that you are relatively flexible in the design of the sequence of a piece of music.
In practice, "Synchro Start" is not stored in a Performance, because once activated, Synchro Start does not automatically change with a Performance.
Also the status does not change due to a manual stop or an ending.

However, a style can also be started manually with Start/Stop at any time, even if SynchroStart is activated - it is therefore recommended to activate Synchro Start if you intend to start the style by entering a chord with your left hand and to deactivate it only if one intends an introduction without chord automatics.
A final note: each style is saved with a style performance - meaning it starts with a specific tempo and style element (intro, var, fill, end). However, the Style Performance settings saved with a Performance differ in the Style parameters of Styles in style menue. This allows you to assign completely different style parameters to the Performances and thus adapt them to personal habits and individually preferred pieces of music. The decision as to which style parameters you want to use to make music is therefore dependent on the manual setting of "StyleChange" and thus enables significantly more diverse variations than if these were permanently assigned to single performances.

There are various settings that are also not saved with Performances, such as Tempo (=Tempo Lock) - in this case too, a non-locked tempo would be fatal when switching (unless a tempo change was intended).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: