Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bored.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
My G.A.S. symptoms became so bad that just a couple days ago I bought a Roland Fantom 8 - just so so good. The Roland support is outstanding, tutorials outstanding, instrument quality outstanding, incredible OS and control surface design. (Even sold my Kronos)...

I am afraid that my Pa4X will be the last arranger keyboard I will have, I believe that the next step will be a PC (or better a tablet) with an external keyboard like Roland Fantom. I do not know what level of the current software is in circulation, but I am convinced that soon they will be able to provide the same performance or better than actual arranger on the market, with outstanding level of updating and expandibility.

I'm waiting for an Arranger version of Garage Band.. Cool

Have you seen the new AKAI MPC KEY 61? Would that do the job for you? It's a MIDI controller keyboard only, with LOTS of extra buttons, and with a color/graphic display. I'm not sure which DAWs it works best with.
I think the price is like $1800. Problem for me was that some things take some small amount of time to load, (it has Gigs of memory) so I'm not sure how well it would work when playing live.

Care to sell me your Pa4x, and you buy the Akai? (The freight from Australia would probably kill me!, lol)
redfox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkarlmann wrote:
Care to sell me your Pa4x, and you buy the Akai? (The freight from Australia would probably kill me!, lol)

Yes, but first someone has to release a real arranger software: for now there are only good experiments, but nothing professional.

When Korg, Yamaha, Roland (or Apple) decide to create a software-only arranger, we will talk about shipping costs from Italy to Australia... Cool Cool Until then I will continue to play my Pa4X, I still have a lot to learn!
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox wrote:
tkarlmann wrote:

Yes, but first someone has to release a real arranger software: for now there are only good experiments, but nothing professional.

When Korg, Yamaha, Roland (or Apple) decide to create a software-only arranger, we will talk about shipping costs from Italy to Australia... Cool Cool Until then I will continue to play my Pa4X, I still have a lot to learn!

I highly doubt korg would release the PA engine in software format.
It will be the end of korg italy as it ll get cracked in less than 24 hours and after that the PA line is dead.
Same for yamaha..Maybe roland that has stopped the arranger series as far as i have seen but still highly doubt as their latest arranger seemed to not be in linux so it ll need a lot of work to be moved from a hardware platform to software.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
redfox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

It will be the end of korg italy as it ll get cracked in less than 24 hours and after that the PA line is dead.

You can think of dozens of different ways to solve this problem. For example, if you have an arranger engine that only works with specific hardware, piracy does not matter. Apple has never included protections in its operating system, because if you want to use it you have to buy a mac...
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox wrote:
musiccankill wrote:

You can think of dozens of different ways to solve this problem. For example, if you have an arranger engine that only works with specific hardware, piracy does not matter. Apple has never included protections in its operating system, because if you want to use it you have to buy a mac...

Have you never heard of jailbreak ?
It will get cracked no matter what except if they make a specific hardware which defeats the purpose as that hardware is the keyboard itself!
(it is already locked on the hardware of the keyboard itself)

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: