Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keyboard sets lock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject: keyboard sets lock Reply with quote

I've got the pa1000 and am very satisfied with it. I would like to see is a keyboard sets lock on the main screen. Not a massive thing but it's something that I expected on pa1000 when I bought it and was disappointed to see it was not. It is on the pa4x so I can't see a problem of it being added in a minor update. Maybe just wishful thinking as possibly a new mid range keyboard may be in the offing at some point as per Korgs usual upgrade schedules.

If anyone knows of a way to achieve this through the existing controls as I can't find a way then I would be grateful for the information.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Midrange - lack of support - forgotten since YEARS Reply with quote

mrniceneasy wrote:
... would like to see is a keyboard sets lock on the main screen...

Hello Keith,
unfortunately, when you play a style with the songbook, there is no way to lock the keyboard set in the main screen. That is because when choosing a SongBook Entry, Keyboard Set #1 is always recalled.

In Style-Play mode (without Songbook) you have the option of setting the button Style-To-Kbd-Set to "OFF". LED not on, LED not blinking means styles do not select a Keyboard Set, at least the currently used registration is not changed until you select one of the buttons KeyboardSets#1-#4, because are loaded from the new style to be ready for selection.

Why Pa1000 is not updatet with "Keyboard Sets Lock" as done with OS3.0 for the Pa4x, is a sad chapter. I have already had some correspondence (Korg Italy Dirk Lindemann – Produktmanager / Korg & More Music Meyer Jürgen Sartorius - Assistant Brand Manager) regarding this, but have been stalled with the argument that they will see what can be done but cannot promise any update on this.
Since the Pa1000 was first delivered, I have complained that it is not suitable for demand playing with styles in Songbook Mode or as comfortable as with the predecessor:
- because the Pa1000 - compared to previous models Pa800/500/4x - lacks the "Fill-Mode" function
- because the Style-To-KbdSet feature does not work correctly on the Pa1000 in Songplay mode (default: Keyboard Set #1 is recalled).

While inconveniences with the Pa4x were fixed with the OS Next in March 2019, these malfunctions have not yet been corrected in the Pa1000.

After numerous complaints in this regard, in January 2021 I startet the thread "Midrange - lack of support - forgotten again for a NEXT YEAR", to complains that there is still no update for the Pa1000. ----> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123875
Described deficiencies in the Pa1000 have not yet been remedied.
This also includes "Kbd-Set-Lock" in order to be able to switch a running style without interruption with the songbook / setlist.
There is still this ugly interruption when you change styles via songbook-entry; unfortunately Kbd-Set#1 also automatically is loaded and switched when
the Style-To-KbdSet function is switched off!

With OS3.0 for the Pa4x "Keyboard Sets Lock" was added. When this lock is closed, the four currently selected Keyboard Sets are preserved. When choosing a different Style by change of a SongBook Entry those ugly disconnects don't happen anymore. Unfortunately, "Keyboard Sets Lock" for the Pa1000 has not been included in any update to date.
In Pa1000 also the feature "Fill mode" is missing. We had this feature in all predecessors right down to the entry-level models and also has been a complaint since the Pa4x/1000/700 series was first delivered. ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=810759#810759

The "Auto Fill mode" is not to be confused with the Fill mode of the predecessors, with which fill mode parameters allows automatically selecting a variation after a FILL/BREAK. For Pa4x this feature was added with OS3.0 - the Pa1000 was not updated with it. In an update only for Pa4x was taken into account - shame on Korg for this lack and missing of support in the midrange sector of arranger keyboards.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks siebenhirter for a very comprehensive reply. Maybe we'll get lucky and korg will read and finally react to these problems. I appreciate you taking the time to answer. Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Midrange - lack of support - forgotten since YEARS Reply with quote

Hello Keith,

since the Pa1000 was first delivered, I often have complained about a solution to the faulty Style-To-KbdSet function.
Mr Dirk Lindeman thinks the Keyboard-Set-Lock function is also suitable for the Pa1000, with which the Pa4x was also updated in retrospect.
Mr. Lindemann informed me by email as follows:
Ich selbst sehe auch die Lock-Funktion als die sinnvollste Ergänzung im Pa1000 und hoffe, dass das für Sie auch so funktionieren kann, denn für Medleys und andere Lieder,
in denen man mehr als vier Spielsounds einsetzen möchte, macht dies vollkommen Sinn. Da gebe ich Ihnen recht.
So denn, wir bleiben weiter dran und ich hoffe, dass wir Ihnen mit einem Update bald helfen können.

Translated: I myself also see the Lock function as the most useful addition to the Pa1000 and I hope that this can work for you too, because for medleys and other songs,
where you want to use more than four game sounds, this makes perfect sense. You're right.
So then, we'll keep at it and I hope that we can help you with an update soon.

Unfortunately, as usual, Korg has obviously forgotten about customers in the mid-range area, because I received this message on September 6, 2021.

Nothing has happened in the meantime - not even this minor change like the Pa4x has been made. Since Dirk Lindemann is Product Manager at Korg Italy S.P.A. I would have wished that Korg's support wouldn't be neglected anymore - I think unfortunately the opposite happened.

The whole thing is very annoying and therefore I will no longer be interested in a Korg product in the future as long as the manufacturer maintains this kind of disdainful support for customers with mid-range products.

mrniceneasy wrote:
.. Maybe we'll get lucky and korg will read and finally react to these problems. ..

As there was no interest in a satisfactory solution even when contacting them directly, I certainly don't think they are interested in the opinions of their customers in a forum,

I think it could help if Korg not only receives a complaint from a single customer in this regard, but is massively confronted with it, until it also carries out such a relatively inexpensive update.

The Pa4x has had extensive, useful updates - apart from a few small things, the Pa1000 has been missing updates for a long time - if Korg would read: with Pa1000 are we second-class users?

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equally the modifications could be made for Pa700 owners there are plenty of entry level owners also.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Midrange - lack of support - forgotten since YEARS Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
Equally the modifications could be made for Pa700 owners there are plenty of entry level owners also.

Hello,

sorry for focusing too much on the Pa1000 in my post - this affects to whole midrange series and therefore also many Pa700 owners who have also not received the necessary updates for a long time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: