Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi tracks cut out on song playback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuadMusic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:15 am    Post subject: Midi tracks cut out on song playback Reply with quote

I'm still relatively new to Korg and Nautilus. I was getting the hang of the sequencer and almost finished with a song. (midi tracks only) Then one day recently my sound just started cutting out during playback in random places. I thought it was my headphones messing up at first until I realized some tracks played through and not all were cutting out. When I go back and replay a part that previously cut out, it will play through those measures fine, but maybe end up cutting out somewhere else. I knew there was no way it could be a problem with polyphony, but I tried just soloing one track and after a while it randomly cut out. I played a few of the preprogrammed songs that come with the Nautilus and they played fine. There is a lot more going on in those songs than in mine. I'm totally stumped as to what I could have done to cause this. Any ideas? Thanks!
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nautilus is a great machine but have some limitation as any computer. In your description seems to have a performance cutting sound. Could be disk throughput or polyphony. Regarding polyphony is better to know that each engine have different max polyphony. Also depend on a number of OSC, number of layer multisound, osc with wave seq, number of voice unison mode.
So try to analyse your sounds used in the same time and check for each track that both osc is important /track or not. Maybe could use OSC1 or 2 only and will increase the performance.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan's response is likely the correct answer.

There are a couple of other ways that notes can cut off early, based on the MIDI data, worth looking into to confirm they are not the culprits.

When multiple tracks point to the same MIDI channel (as is commonly done in Combis), make sure that only one track contains MIDI data. Multiple offset MIDI data "note off" events can cut off the note early. This might happen if you have recorded or copied measures to multiple tracks that share the same MIDI channel.

Another possibility is MIDI data for the sustain pedal may have got out of sync when performing rerecording. An absent pedal down or early pedal up MIDI event could cause notes to cut out prematurely. Rerecording often will fix these issues. For example, you may need to start with the pedal down as you start rerecording a range of measures to avoid cut off of sustained notes (or in other cases, at the start of overwrite or punch-in rerecording to clear "hung" sustaining notes, perform a quick pedal down / pedal up to reset sustain to pedal up).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: