Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the PA5X?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

800 MB set load time is 2,5 min or so!

800mb 15.000 samples
2 gb 30.000
So what can we do with the rest???

Also how long time will it take to load it? 8 gm compressed 10 min?
I wonder!!!

7 years we asked for the legatos?
Where is it?

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
keyboard
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was disappointed to see that the "Midi to Style" was no where to be seen ! I was ready and able to purchase until now.....Looks like I am in a holding pattern !
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kaos pad
Cant use the local sd cads!!!
No midi to style !!!

Why remove great things that we already have and use?

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
robkeith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject: Mmmmm Price! Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
No kaos pad
No midi to style !!!

Hey Asena,

Never mind anything about all that, the 76 key listing at $7,500 AUD here it would need to wash my car and put me to bed at that price! I mean seriously Korg, your flagship 61 Nautilus selling here under $3k and a dealer told me you wanted price around $10k for the PAX5 76. I guess there will be early adopters who cashed up may buy it at those prices but if your looking for sensible penetration I would have thought for the 61 probably around 5k, so I’m hoping for a win in Tatts or the GG’s because I reckon that’s the only way I will be able to get one. Damm and I was so excited.

Rob
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob

Terrible news re $$$ for 76
My local dealer still has a PA4x-76 reduced from $6999 to $4999

Too many showstoppers for me right now.
Price is scary... hard to justify at the moment
No KAOSS
No EC5 support
No MIDI to Style

I would still love to have one in front of me but would be terrified getting rid of my PA4X right now.
PA and i-series style import is a worry too but I can live with it taking a long time as long as it works.
Hope there'll be a new fabulous SONGBOOK editor which reads PA4x and writes PA5x.....

I may be very lucky to get $3,200 for my PA4x so I have to justify the gains in getting a PA5x for another $4,300

I will be fair and see how it goes and study the manual further but right now, and probably a bit unfairly, I can't see value in this for me.

Back to the manual.....

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
robkeith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi Rob

Terrible news re $$$ for 76
My local dealer still has a PA4x-76 reduced from $6999 to $4999

Too many showstoppers for me right now.
Price is scary... hard to justify at the moment
No KAOSS
No EC5 support
No MIDI to Style

I would still love to have one in front of me but would be terrified getting rid of my PA4X right now.
PA and i-series style import is a worry too but I can live with it taking a long time as long as it works.
Hope there'll be a new fabulous SONGBOOK editor which reads PA4x and writes PA5x.....

I may be very lucky to get $3,200 for my PA4x so I have to justify the gains in getting a PA5x for another $4,300

I will be fair and see how it goes and study the manual further but right now, and probably a bit unfairly, I can't see value in this for me.

Back to the manual.....

Pete Very Happy

Yes Pete, the price defy’s imagination. I know the cost to make wouldn’t have anything really to do with the ridiculous price, so I’m thinking some bright sparks in marketing thought this was another Oasis moment. Working muso’s will struggle to justify it, and with the missing features from the PA4X (why oh why) you would think it would be approximately same $$$$ as the 4x maybe little bit more.

Rob

Rob
robkeith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:07 am    Post subject: How many? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Looked at a lot of vids re the new PA5X, but honestly unless the price reflected $5k fir the 61 not 7k au dollars I don’t think I’ll be parting with my Genos. The comparisons are very close, except for the dollars of course. Maybe wait a couple of years and pick up on second hand market at the right price. What do you think?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
but honestly unless the price reflected $5k fir the 61 not 7k au dollars I don’t think I’ll be parting with my Genos.

Hi Rob

Literally, today, just making similar decisions

I would only buy the 76 and at the "reduced" street price of $7,500 it is a no-brainer right now.
I was hoping for at least $1,000 under that but as its RRP is $9,500 I wasn't holding out much hope.

If in a year or two it comes up to scratch with updates & etc, then I will re-consider.
Don't get me wrong - I would love to own one and be getting into it right now but in view of its current state, I would regret spending that amount of money particularly as I would be in no position to get rid of my PA4x.

So, I need to remain fully in love with my amazing PA4x-76 for now (and I am).

All the positive and negative feedback (which is really appreciated) still leaves me on a bit of a rollercoaster, however the cost/value right now is the deciding factor.

Come on Korg, some communication and speedy fixes please and you might get another Aussie sale Wink
I sincerely hope Korg does communicate about this keyboard's future - webinars are great - give us some real news please.

Take care Rob

Pete Very Happy
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
No kaos pad
No midi to style !!!

They where not removed… redeveloping takes time and they will be added when they are finished in the new architecture… just as they will add many new features over the next few years..

I was at a Demo today by Korg demonstrator Chris v Lommel and he did a great job explaining thing, of what and why.. it strengthened my trust in Korg and i am pretty sure things with a few patches will make everyone happy.

The pa5x was build like a truck, the interface felt fluent and smooth and latency free, the instrument sounded great. Actually the smoothness of operating was well beyound my pa4x and Genos experience.. everything is there under your fingers..

The 88 key version will arrive later this year, and the musikant will probably take till early 2023.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They where not removed… redeveloping takes time and they will be added when they are finished in the new architecture… just as they will add many new features over the next few years..

What I don't understand is why Korg doesn't announce this??????
Quote:
I was at a Demo today by Korg demonstrator Chris v Lommel and he did a great job explaining thing, of what and why.. it strengthened my trust in Korg and i am pretty sure things with a few patches will make everyone happy.

Fantastic for you but for the rest of us it isn't "real"
(not being rude... it's just that all we ever seem to hear is second-hand...)

Pete Very Happy
robkeith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

What I don't understand is why Korg doesn't announce this??????
Quote:

Fantastic for you but for the rest of us it isn't "real"
(not being rude... it's just that all we ever seem to hear is second-hand...)

Pete Very Happy

Absolutely correct Pete, second hand info and you would think at the price it should have been a perfect introduction to the market. I say once again Korg I can see early cashed up adopters will buy but for me and most of everyone I know the price is prohibitive. I’m sure you must be scratching your head as to why many have not taken on national debt to buy this one. Your price needs to be $1k under at least to get the penetration we all need.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobKeith wrote:
I say once again Korg I can see early cashed up adopters will buy but for me and most of everyone I know the price is prohibitive.

+100

Hi Rob
It is a crazy almost unbelievable situation.
Looking at it from here (Oz), the 76 street price is $7,500 (give or take)
SO, if I'm extremely lucky, I get $3,500 for my PA4x.
Now I'm asking myself, what to get in terms of pluses for $4,000 out of pocket?

I think in basic terms the PA5x looks awesome and clearly most are commenting on the audio quality.
What do I actually get for a "PA4x-76 in mint condition plus $4,000" - that's going to be my cost for this.

I couldn't even use it right now due to the problems, but I would definitely be bending towards jumping in if Korg were communicating about its future.
The pre-release rumours and hype was a total mess - and then to release a product significantly untested - with all the previous PA releases, none have been as bad as this.
I have no confidence at all right now.

Korg, if you're happy to send me one, I'll happily spend hours testing for you at no charge.... I would love to be helping the new owners too but I guess that ain't gonna happen Crying or Very sad

Hang in there - I guess it might all come good at some stage.

I was so looking forward to this and to appease my disappointment and desperation to buy something (chocolate and red wine is usually enough), I sold my Kronos and bought a Fantom-8 (now that is an amazing keyboard - I absolutely love it - another story probably not for Korg Forums Wink )

Take care my friend,

Pete Very Happy
robkeith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
RobKeith wrote:
I say once again Korg I can see early cashed up adopters will buy but for me and most of everyone I know the price is prohibitive.

+100

Hi Rob

I think in basic terms the PA5x looks awesome and clearly most are commenting on the audio quality.
What do I actually get for a "PA4x-76 in mint condition plus $4,000" - that's going to be my cost for this.

I couldn't even use it right now due to the problems, but I would definitely be bending towards jumping in if Korg were communicating about its future.
The pre-release rumours and hype was a total mess - and then to release a product significantly untested - with all the previous PA releases, none have been as bad as this.

Korg, if you're happy to send me one, I'll happily spend hours testing for you at no charge.... I would love to be helping the new owners too but I guess that ain't gonna happen Crying or Very sad

I was so looking forward to this and to appease my disappointment and desperation to buy something (chocolate and red wine is usually enough), I sold my Kronos and bought a Fantom-8 (now that is an amazing keyboard - I absolutely love it - another story probably not for Korg Forums Wink )

Take care my friend,

Pete Very Happy

Pete I also Fantom 6. Wow and a great price to match.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
RobKeith wrote:

+100

Hi Rob

Take care my friend,

Pete Very Happy

Fantom 8 is amazing indeed..
A perfect match with a 76 key arranger.
robkeith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:23 am    Post subject: Have you noticed? Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
RobKeith wrote:

+100

Hi Rob

Take care my friend,

Pete Very Happy

Fantom 8 is amazing indeed..
A perfect match with a 76 key arranger.

Have you noticed the falling off the cliff happening for the new PA5X? As I commented and many others the price is prohibitive. Now, we all make mistakes and I would love this keyboard but Korg you have made a huge mistake on pricing and you can correct it by reducing the price to at least in line with the other major competitors in the market place. Please take action now otherwise even the early adopters will suffer as small inroads into the market will make it very costly to to refine the release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: