Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I wait for next workstation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atulya Pateriya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject: Should I wait for next workstation? Reply with quote

I just wanted to know one thing, you all are experts, please tell me, is Pa5x better than Kronos tonewise? Is it as versatile to play any kind of sound that one could imagine, like the kronos? My complete requirement is just about sounds for live shows with realtime controls, I do not require any kind of lyrics, score, mic controls, styles, which all we get in an arranger. So should I go with Pa5x or wait for the next workstation beast by the Korg?
Also, Pa5x will be launched in 1 or 2 days as we all are hoping, but do anyone knows if there's a new workstation korg is working upon, the replacement for kronos, do you guys have any information about it?
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I wait for next workstation? Reply with quote

Atulya Pateriya wrote:
I just wanted to know one thing, you all are experts, please tell me, is Pa5x better than Kronos tonewise? Is it as versatile to play any kind of sound that one could imagine, like the kronos? My complete requirement is just about sounds for live shows with realtime controls, I do not require any kind of lyrics, score, mic controls, styles, which all we get in an arranger. So should I go with Pa5x or wait for the next workstation beast by the Korg?
Also, Pa5x will be launched in 1 or 2 days as we all are hoping, but do anyone knows if there's a new workstation korg is working upon, the replacement for kronos, do you guys have any information about it?

At this point it is unknown about the Pa5x because it is not released yet. From your requirements mentioned I would suggest the Nautilus would fit your criteria and costs less than the Kronos. Soundwise is the same as Kronos but less expensive. It does not have aftetouch, if that is a requirement for your needs; but is new and supported. My assumption is that the Pa5x will be much more expensive. The Nautilus has knobs for realtime control for live playing and can play all the Kronos sounds available in the various libraries commercially available. Best option is to play the various keyboards and see which feels the best for you.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I wait for next workstation? Reply with quote

Atulya Pateriya wrote:

Soundwise PA5x will be on par on better than kronos..
Though, kronos has 9 sound engines , not only sample based one like PA5x (and any PA)..
So it really depends on the music you want to play..
Pa5x has more controllers now with the addition of the buttons and the extra screen and the pads so realtime control of sound will be very good..
I would wait for the official demos and the first opinions before deciding given your needs..
(i m going to get pa5x in 1-2 days though)

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: