Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lets make it viral and expect a keyboard with current tech!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mendel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:10 am    Post subject: lets make it viral and expect a keyboard with current tech! Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/LFDdjbfvrZE

lets make this go viral so hopefully the right people will see this and expect to see some changes in the arranger industry. akai just beat everyone in the workstation market!

lets see if yamaha and korg execs will wake up to reality or miss the boat like blackberry!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...........maybe a bit late because I guess the new Korg and rumoured Yamaha are probably already done....
We'll find out if they've been listening.

Just watched a video of the brilliant Peter Baartmans (Yamaha) demonstrating the "DJ/EDM" aspects of the Genos - quite a pathetic feature really (not Peter!!)... and then look at the Kaoss on the PA4X which is seriously outstanding & effective..... do we think the Kaoss will have been dropped like Maxx-Audio and TC-Helicon???

Oh!!! I really want that new User Manual and some quality sound & style demos (don't care about the photos)

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Blazenko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish so badly that the Pa5X could at least have the sound quality of that Akai MPC Key 61...
Shocked Shocked Shocked
kleant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mpc key 61 just some specs
- Plugins enabled, 25 included
- 7" Colour multi-touch display with gesture - control
- WLAN- and Bluetooth-enabled
- Ethernet link port
- Incl. USB cable and MPC2 Desktop DAW for Mac and PC (download)

Well f. Done to Akai why Korg can't do the same I don't seriously understand! If Akai in future will make an virtual arranger I will be the first to jump in. Tempted even for this synthesizer looks very cool equiped with those features above makes any traditional synthesizer look very aged, old and yesterday tech.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
Mpc key 61 just some specs
- Plugins enabled, 25 included
- 7" Colour multi-touch display with gesture - control
- WLAN- and Bluetooth-enabled
- Ethernet link port
- Incl. USB cable and MPC2 Desktop DAW for Mac and PC (download)

Well f. Done to Akai why Korg can't do the same I don't seriously understand! If Akai in future will make an virtual arranger I will be the first to jump in. Tempted even for this synthesizer looks very cool equiped with those features above makes any traditional synthesizer look very aged, old and yesterday tech.

There still is many things missing compared to Lets say Roland Fantom..

Its mostly a daw in a box, meant as a standalone production platform and less a tool to play live.. and its not latest high end hardware.. compared to an ipad pro for example, its a rather slow processor and small and low end screen..

Compared to the kronos it misses the mixer hardware part and the karma/arpeggiator.. (mpc is quite basic)

Compared to Roland it misses the clip launching (ableton style)

All korg needs to do is add the Gadget sequencer and the gadgets to the pa5x, should not be that hard, as it also runs on an €200 nintendo switch..

Sadly Korg Italy and Yamaha europe (the arranger part of the company). Are very very traditional.. and still build instruments to suit people of the age 70+
bensel46

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad i'm 70 + Very Happy Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
striphio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Akai MPC key review on yt.
Great sounds, features and so on, no doubt, but it have some serious downside.
When switching between some performances and sounds, it takes several seconds to load, cutting all sounds while loading, not to talk about seamless sound switching on new workstations. Correct me if I wrong.
So in my opinion MPC key is great for home, studio and music production (I guess it is made for that particularly), for stage and live gigs we will still need to rely on Korg, Yamaha, Roland... workstations.
kleant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why we still have a low resolution screen on pa4x and which looks like is going to be the same on pa5x slightly bigger but no multitouch does not look good compared to above.

The same regarding plugins, bluetooth connectivity/wifi and the official desktop/mac software. Why Korg can not do this I don't understand!

I don't own a mpc but and at that price with those specs included very impressive really.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
Why we still have a low resolution screen on pa4x and which looks like is going to be the same on pa5x slightly bigger but no multitouch does not look good compared to above.

The same regarding plugins, bluetooth connectivity/wifi and the official desktop/mac software. Why Korg can not do this I don't understand!

I don't own a mpc but and at that price with those specs included very impressive really.

The screen is not low res on pa300/600/900/3xle/4x/700/1000..
The GUI is low res and stretched for the native res of the screen (320x240 to 800x480)..
Pa5x will have a native 800x480 GUI resolution.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
kleant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mpc is powered by a true color multi-touch display. Literally grab and pinch waveforms, draw midi events, adjust envelopes, chop samples, add effects and precisely set your controls using your fingertips. Combined with the classic MPC feel, sound and vastly improved pads, the Touch embodies the best elements of our past while taking music production tech into the future."

Comparing it with the specs above pa4x screen and all other pa you mentioned are old-yesterday tech low res and can not do nothing apart from displaying some steching low res gui graphics you can call-it as you like. I love Korg as well and I want it to do better but the new pa5x looks like is going to be the same 800x480 is not much improvement propably going to help with blurred and pixelated stretching but nothing else exciting speculated so far regarding the screen.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
"Mpc is powered by a true color multi-touch display. Literally grab and pinch waveforms, draw midi events, adjust envelopes, chop samples, add effects and precisely set your controls using your fingertips. Combined with the classic MPC feel, sound and vastly improved pads, the Touch embodies the best elements of our past while taking music production tech into the future."

Comparing it with the specs above pa4x screen and all other pa you mentioned are old-yesterday tech low res and can not do nothing apart from displaying some steching low res gui graphics you can call-it as you like. I love Korg as well and I want it to do better but the new pa5x looks like is going to be the same 800x480 is not much improvement propably going to help with blurred and pixelated stretching but nothing else exciting speculated so far regarding the screen.

The mpc display is 800x480 too nothing different..
The GUI on every keyboard up to pa4x is 320x240 and that is why it is pixalated.The good thing on the MPC is that it has a VERY GOOD implementation on GESTURES with the touch panel!
Wish korg will implement this at some point! (No indication pa5x will have such thing yet)...

EDIT: I was wrong!!I had in mind only the 800x480 LCDs at 7"!Actually latest MPCs have a 1280 x 800 lcd so it is way better than what pa5x will be!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus

Last edited by musiccankill on Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
kleant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own an mpc as said above however just looking at specs and functions online Mpc display looks and feels more modern. I'm not really shure about resolution size I don't know where did u get that information about mpc because common 7" display resolution on 16:9ratio are 1920×1200 or 1280×800 even on 4:3 ratio are 1680x1260 more than 800x480 of speculated pa5x gui.

Anyway mpc just looking at demos online have more vibrant gui ui colours and does things that any pa can not do, multitouch, gestures etc. So it is completely different in my eye. I can really imagine the multitouch and gestures being implemented for chaos example on Korg pa5x with some high modern colours gui ui whatever.

Price and all other specs combined(Bluetooth etc...) even if they are not up to scratch yet I have not tried it so I don't know how well they perform make korg look like yesterday-tech antique. Very Happy

Last edited by kleant on Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
I don't own an mpc as said above however just looking at specs and functions online Mpc display looks and feels more modern. I'm not really shure about resolution size I don't know where did u get that information about mpc because common 7" display resolution on 16:9ratio are 1920×1200 or 1280×800 even on 4:3 ratio are 1680x1260 more than 800x480 of speculated pa5x gui.

Anyway mpc just looking at demos online have more vibrant gui ui colours and does things that any pa can not do, multitouch, gestures etc. So it is completely different in my eye. I can really imagine the multitouch and gestures being implemented for chaos example on Korg pa5x with some high modern colours gui ui whatever.

Price and all other specs combined(Bluetooth etc...) even if they are not up to scratch yet I have not tried it so I don't know how well they perform make korg look like yesterday-tech antique.

I am sorry ,i only had in mind the 800x480 lcd screens at 7" that most machines use.
It seems that after some research MPC live/live2 and ONE (so most likely key61 too) have a 1280x800 screen!
So yes you are right!
It is way better than the PA5X at 800x480..At least they upgraded the GUI from 320x240 which was stretched to fit to 800x480 (not same aspect ratio).

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

striphio wrote:
I watched Akai MPC key review on yt.
Great sounds, features and so on, no doubt, but it have some serious downside.
When switching between some performances and sounds, it takes several seconds to load, cutting all sounds while loading, not to talk about seamless sound switching on new workstations. Correct me if I wrong.
So in my opinion MPC key is great for home, studio and music production (I guess it is made for that particularly), for stage and live gigs we will still need to rely on Korg, Yamaha, Roland... workstations.

Its a daw replacement… thats how most daws work…

I would never use this for playing live..

The things i would love to see in my arranger are mostly the interface parts, and the sample edditing…. A great piano roll for example…. And audio edditing and mastering..
Mystic38

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you take away the influencers and the need for retailers to hype every singe product you will see this is ho-hum - its nothing special...its simply an mpc One with a keyboard..

At the end of the day an MPC is the wrong product for you unless the focus of your entire workflow is sampling stuff yourself.. other than that its still the old convoluted workflow and a sonic dwarf compared to any of even the cheaper true "workstation" category instruments.

its also not an arrranger, so there's that.

If Korg or Yamaha or Roland are watching this, trust me they are laughing.
Korg PA4X, Nord Stage 3, Virus Ti Polar, Novation Nova II, Yamaha S70XS, MPC-X, TC Helicon Voicelive Rack, KRK VXT8 monitors, 2012 LP Standard, 1999 Am. hardtail Strat, Fender DRRI, Orange AD30HTC, Marshall Vintage Modern, 2 cans and a piece of string...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: