Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying Korg 01w/fd - what to watch out for ? I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qubit

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject: Buying Korg 01w/fd - what to watch out for ? I Reply with quote

I will be soon visiting seller's place to see in person a Korg 01w/fd and to evaluate if its worth purchasing.

I haven't bought a synthesizer that old thus far and am concerned of how to identify obvious and not that obvious problems with the unit.

Can you advise me on what to look for? I mean stuff about the ROM memory, how to see if all the programs and multis are available, some other stuff I can't think of right now and that are beyond the visible cosmetic condition, but are rather related to the computerized aspect of the workstation.

Best regards!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a pair of your favourite headphones/earphones (and a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo jack adapter, if necessary as the 01W/fd has a 1/4" stereo headphones out jack).

Ask the seller about the history of the keyboard, and if they've had/having any issues with it. Ask them if the floppy drive still works.

There are the obvious things like: does it power up and produce sound when the keys are pressed (the dsplay backlight does become dim on these machines with age, but can be replaced); do all the keys work, do all the buttons work; does the low battery warning come up; do the programs change name when the up/down buttons are pressed, and do the sounds produced when played, correspond to the Program changes; does the joystick work in X- and Y- directions.

Be prepared to walk away, if something isn't right.
qubit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, voip!
Best regards!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: