Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg 05R/W firmware file/dump request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skate323k137

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Korg 05R/W firmware file/dump request Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have a nice 05R/W I'm looking to update the ROM on, I can easily burn it myself, and will also dump the old revision if I pull it (I have 06.1 it would appear, and I need 07.1).

Thanks in advance if anyone has this file. It should be a 2M (16mbit) file / 27c2001, 120 NS or better, at IC12 according to the service manual.

I have been working with midivmac to restore usage of the old Mac OS 6.0.8 editor on Modern Mac OS. So far much progress has been made, but larger sysex messages like program dumps will still need some work. You can fully control patches though Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3nX1r9lqJo&t=1s
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Skate323k137:

Check your PM's (Private Messages).. Wink
Voxneon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me what the firmware update provides.
Also how do I check my current version as Im not sure what i have.

Thanks
Skate323k137

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be an easier way, but I was able to check by holding both PROG and +10 while turning on to boot Test mode, then release all the buttons. I got some error warning "MIDI Warning OUT x IN" which I haven't checked the manual for, but anyway, after turning the unit off and on from this state, it should display the firmware version and date. The error in diag mode changes based on whether or not I have equipment connected, so I'm not worried about that. A similar service manual covers that particular message:

https://www.polynominal.com/korg-03rw/korg-03rw-service-manual.pdf

I still haven't updated mine, but will update here when I get around to it. I am not positive of the changes in the ROMs but if someone is -that- curious, I can post both dumps so they can be compared.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: