Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Half Pedaling Feels Impossible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karoloydi

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject: Half Pedaling Feels Impossible Reply with quote

Hi,

I have LP-380U

I find it nearly impossible to half pedal. That's both with the in built sounds and also various VST instruments.

I'm not sure if it's design fault, or a fault with my specific pedal.

The half pedal midi values are supposed to be from 38-74. But it feels more like 38-45. Achieving half pedaling feels so impossible, like walking on a tight rope. I have to be so precise with the pedaling.

Anyone else has the same issue? Or shall I call Korg to replace the pedal?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiggle the pedal connector to see if this resolves the issue. If not, then with the pedal plug disconnected, it should be possible to measure the resistance between pin 1 and each of the other three pins. If the resistance of the damper pedal does not change smoothly as the pedal is pressed down slowly, then the problem is with the pedal. If the resistance does change smoothly, then the LP350 pedal-sensing circuitry is probably faulty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: