Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any problems with the display (X50) ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phabius

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Any problems with the display (X50) ? Reply with quote

My X50 is brand new, only five months. I'm using it to control my Kronos 61, for extra keys.
From sometime ago, I've noticed that the display light blinks quickly from time to time, specially at power on. After a short while it's fine again, but sometimes the problem occurs after a long time the keyboard is on.
I suspect power instability.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
Stargazer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I had with it is that it was not evenly illuminated. Sign of a cheap instrument, I guess. Also, those LCD's seem to be generally the weakest points in modern synths, specially the cheaper ones.

Try checking your voltage. I had X5DR and with varying voltage it had such occurrences, to the point that it would not wont to start up, getting locked.
paparich37

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
when I bought my first X–50, this screen on the display would become garbled. It was an intermittent problem that soon became constant. I had to have it repaired under the warrantee from the factory. I have not had any problems since that was done. My advice would be to get it to the repair shop as soon as possible so that you're still covered by the warranty. If you are talking about a difference in color or hue over the entire LCD screen, that is normal for LCD screens. The problem I am talking about was that the screen was illegible.
aderano0720

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess its korg x50s major problem.. weak LCD...

I use my x50 for almost 6 months,
sometimes Im getting the same problem... unreadble.. sometimes no display at all (but generating sound)

and sometimes, it works fine again.... I dont understand...

I already tried openning the keyboard and refreshed the LCD (by just touching, detaching and attaching it again)
-- note that everytime Im doin this, it will work fine again......

I guess the problem is a cause of carrying problem..when you take it to a gig, maybe the vibrations are causing this....
- to prove that this is wrong, I hope some user will comment that they are also having problem at home, without carrying it to other place....
deshwani

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Korg X50 LCD Broken Reply with quote

My Korg X50 LCD is broken and I cannot find it anywhere, only found on Korg Middle East but cost is too high approx USD 245.00. I cannot buy,
Can anyone guide me if i can use any other cheap LCD in that? the one available on www.aliexpress.com? any arduino LCd? any other synth LCD?
I will really appreciate quick replies. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: