Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos Headphone Jack is dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Headphone Jack is dead Reply with quote

Hello,

I was using my Headphones with the Kronos. They got tangled and I unplugged them from the jack to detangle them and when I plugged them back in the jack is dead.

I reset the keyboard still no sound coming from the headphone jack. I'm at a loss here entirely.

Headphones are new nothing fishy about them. They work in everything else.
The Kronos jack just stopped working. These are also the brand and model I've used with the Kronos for years.

Don't even know where to begin ponder how to fix or what's causing this problem. Crying or Very sad
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Connect your headphones in the rear L and then R main outputs. Do you hear sound from those two jacks ? If so, it could be just be a problem with the tiny headphones circuit which holds the jack. Is the headphones jack solid or does it seems loose ? On a K2-88, it should be out a couple of mm on the front "bumper".
stuartpryer
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Firstly check the headphones in another device. Might be the soldered connection in their jack plug. If they work...

Yes check L/R main outputs to see if a signal is coming out. If so could use a headphone amp connected there.

Could also use audio over usb to get the audio signal out.

Cheers

Stuart

e-mail stuartpryer@gmail.com
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s nothing complex about the Kronos headphone output. It’s more than likely that the physical Jack is broken, or the headphones. It’s highly improbably they it’s the headphone amp, but not completely impossible.

As others have said, make sure you’re definitely getting sound from the main outputs on the rear. The headphone Jack will only echo what is coming out of those jacks, so that’s a good place to start.

If it is the headphone Jack, it’s a pretty easy fix.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I'm a crack her open and take a look today. Thanks for the helpful replies. If it wasn't for this forum and you wonderful helpful people I wouldn't be nothing.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This keyboard likes to constantly remind me that I'm a failure. I cracked her open and re soldered the headphone jack. I had just done this repair when I did the 2nd SSD upgrade but who knows. I got the flux out and some good solder and soldered away. I hit all the points again this time even the ones that "looked fine" sometimes those are the crappy ones that break loose on the underside.

I Piece her back together and now she's back up and giving me sound again. Very Happy that was a relief. I don't have to hop over to Syntaur and scrounge for keyboard parts again.

This happened so abruptly though that it had me worried. I don't know what had caused it. Thought I blew something out. I think maybe I loosened something up in there and the final time I pulled the headphones out that was enough to finally break it.

I use the same pair of headphones for a lot of other things in my tiny so called studio. I'm often pulling them out the jack and plugging them back in throughout the days. Maybe I stressed the jack out per-maturely? I hope that's it and it's not a more serious problem.

Glad it's working again for now and I thank you good people again for the helpful tips and suggestions.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These things happen, unfortunately. Jacks, buttons and faders are all subject to mechanical stress, dirt and environmental factors. They’re usually one of the first things to fail on any piece of equipment! For reference though, the jacks on my 11-year-old Kronos all still work perfectly.

In my experience Korg generally use reasonable quality components in the Kronos. They should have spares of the headphone jack component, or you should be able to find a replacement through Mouser or Digikey. At most it should be a component that shouldn’t cost more than a few dollars.

Glad you got it working though!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: