Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modular not working anymore after upgrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrolka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Modular not working anymore after upgrade Reply with quote

Hi all,
after firmware upgrade my Volka Modular is not able to correctly boot anymore. When the power up button is pressed, Attack/Shape/Release/Time/Fold controls led turn on but then nothing else happens.

Does anyone have an idea about how to solve this issue? Thanks

Here's few pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/MjWHPf1
uddhava

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue.
Were you able to fix the problem?
Thanks.
otzcz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Modular not working anymore after upgrade Reply with quote

Hi, did you even tried to reflash firmware again? With computer/OS sounds turned off and play source volcamodular_sys_0108.wav loudly with all possible sound FX (eq, bassboost, reverb etc.) also off? Another suggest is to play source *.wav from another source than computer (music player, mobile device, whatever).
Digitakt, ER-1, Volca Beats + Bass + Modular, Neutron, k-2, Microfreak, Liven XFM, Beatstep Pro, Keystep, UC-33e, few FX (Zoom G1four, Razzor DD+DS, EHX Platform+HolyStain, Samson C.com), Mackie 1202 VLZ4, pair of RCF AyraPro6
uddhava

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Modular not working anymore after upgrade Reply with quote

otzcz wrote:
Hi, did you even tried to reflash firmware again? With computer/OS sounds turned off and play source volcamodular_sys_0108.wav loudly with all possible sound FX (eq, bassboost, reverb etc.) also off? Another suggest is to play source *.wav from another source than computer (music player, mobile device, whatever).

Hello, thanks for the reply.
In my case it will no longer enter update mode. This happened after
trying to update it unsuccessfully a number of times.
otzcz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Modular not working anymore after upgrade Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
otzcz wrote:

Hello, thanks for the reply.
In my case it will no longer enter update mode. This happened after
trying to update it unsuccessfully a number of times.

OK, then you can try to contact your nearest Korg service, better authorized, if you didn't yet. I guess that your unit needs to reset the chip and load healthy bootloader, then firmware, and they could be able to do it.

But, at 1st place - it needs proper diagnostic. I have service manual for V.Bass (it's online, you can google it), it's includes few diagnostic methods, I guess some of them are useful for all Volcas, so you can try it, if you want. My presume is that all volcas are built around the same Microcontroller: Toshiba TMPM330FWFG (it makes no sense, if not), the datasheet and user manual for it is online also, so you can study Smile

If you will not find them, let me know, I can upload them somewhere.
Digitakt, ER-1, Volca Beats + Bass + Modular, Neutron, k-2, Microfreak, Liven XFM, Beatstep Pro, Keystep, UC-33e, few FX (Zoom G1four, Razzor DD+DS, EHX Platform+HolyStain, Samson C.com), Mackie 1202 VLZ4, pair of RCF AyraPro6
uddhava

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: