Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polysix EX Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject: Polysix EX Question Reply with quote

I've been trying to make a sound using a "chord" button. It works like this. If I play one key, I hear a chord that I've pre-programmed into my synth sound. The same chord, say a sus 4 chord for example. NO matter what key I play, I hear the appropriate chord. On my old Polysix I have a "chord" button that I could use to program a "chord". I thought. "Hey!", I've got a Polsix in my Kronos! But I can't find the "chord" button.
Now I don't have to use the Polysix EX sound but I can't seem to find a "chord": button on any of the synth engines.

Is there one and I'm just not finding it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm trying to write a song sounding somewhat in the band U.K.s style for fun.

Jeremykeys
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no onscreen "button" as such, but, in the Program's Common / Program Basic tab, Voice Assign Mode section, the right half of the screen deals with this.

It's possible to select Chord mode as basic or advanced, and to select which of the 8 Pads to base the chord on. Basic (Bsc) chord mode deals with chords as per the original Polysix, where playing a new chord cuts off the previous chord, whereas advanced (Adv) uses the Program's Voice Assign settings.

jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply!
Is there any way to assign the "pad" to the keyboard?
I know that I can easily make what I want using Combi mode. I just figured there would be an easy way in Prog.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, one quick way is, while in Basic/Pads tab with Chord assign on, play a chord you want and touch one of the 8 pad regions. Then go in Basic main tab and follow what voip mentioned. You mention UK, that's how I programmed the By The Light Of Day super thick CS-80 sound. Wink
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it!
Thank you all! This is awesome!

Jeremykeys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: