Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer mode - tempo change of a audio track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emmy13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject: Sequencer mode - tempo change of a audio track Reply with quote

Hi together,
I have inxserted a WAVE-file inthe sequencer mode and i can play along with perfectly. I want now to change the tempo of the track, but when i change the tempo on the "audio track mixer"-site, nothing happens. The tempo stays the same.
Is there a solution?

Many thanks in advance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Time Stretch feature will need to be used for Tempo changes to audio tracks.

Use Track Select to choose the track, then choose Adjust Region to Song's Tempo, and set start and end measure.

There is likely to be some loss of audio quality, as a result of time stretching. If it's an entire audio track, and highest quality is selected, the conversion can take some time.

wocongming

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The Time Stretch feature will need to be used for Tempo changes to audio tracks.

Use Track Select to choose the track, then choose Adjust Region to Song's Tempo, and set start and end measure.

There is likely to be some loss of audio quality, as a result of time stretching. If it's an entire audio track, and highest quality is selected, the conversion can take some time.

THAT FEATURE SUCKS SO BADLY AND NEVER SOUNDS RIGHT OR GOOD BY ANY MEANS. I CANT BELIEVE KORG ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT WOULD HELP ANYONE
emmy13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answer.
Where can I find Track Select?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track select is done by going to the Track Edit tab and tapping on the desired audio track (brown region). It will be highlighted when selected.

When the Adjust Track to Song's Tempo is then selected from the dropdown menu, top right of screen, the dialogue box contains the option to apply the changes to all audio tracks.

emmy13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far i am:
Track is selected on "Tab Edit"-site.
Choosing the dropdown-menue "Adjust region to songs tempo"
> a menue appears with "From Measure" "To end of measure", Quality and "All "audio Tracks".
What to do now?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the dialogue box appears, choose the start and end measures of the region of the audio track to be time stretched. The values that appear in the From Measure and To End of Measure will be the measures specified in the Track Edit page. You will need to change these, if necessary, to match the start and end points of the audio track to be stretched. For the Quality parameter, a value of 4 is suggested as a starting point, and can be raised if necessary. The Adjust Region to Songs Tempo can be performed as many times as is needed. If there are other audio tracks that also need tempo adjustment, select the All Audio Tracks box, else leave it unchecked.

The Kronos Parameter Guide, page 666, details the process. The Kronos' context-sensitive inbuilt help pages also contain similar details. The inbuilt help can be accessed using the Help button on the front panel, next to the Sequence button when the Track Edit tab is open. Select the topic 41 Page Menu Commands, and navigate from there.

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried many times to use Time Stretch for audio ( WAV) files.

The tempo drifts on this feature. It was obvious when I used Vocal audio files.

IOW, you won't get perfect timing which is important for a pro or near pro recording.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: