Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fried power supply urgent question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Candiieyes

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject: Fried power supply urgent question Reply with quote

Hey I got a korg emx 1 shipped from Japan to Australia and did a thing without really thinking, so I got an adapter so I can plug the Japanese plug in into the Australian one….plugged the EMX in And the power supply just went humming and smelt burnt so I plugged it off … I’m not a 100% sure it’s because of the adapter I got but could be, now I want to check if it also fried my korg and I guess the only way to check is to get another power supply.. so my question is before I make any more mistakes is so I need to get another japanese power supply or can I just order one from anywhere? And also… what are the chances it didn’t fry the Korg? And if it did does anybody had experience with something similar? Is it something that could be fixed?
Thanks!!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The external power supply for the EMX is of the transformer type, and the transformer in the Japanese version will be wound for a 100V AC supply. It is not suitable for direct connection, using a simple adapter, to Australian mains power (230V AC). It needs a step-down transformer (also called an auto transformer, although there is nothing automatic about it). If the EMX has not been powered up with the existing setup, then it should be OK, but the external power supply may well be toast. Try sourcing a supply suited for connection to 230V AC (e.g. made for the Australian, European, or UK markets). A simple adapter will then suffice, or cut off the mains plug and wire an Australian mains plug onto the lead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: