Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

will korg PA1000 load PA4x set ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozizo

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject: will korg PA1000 load PA4x set ? Reply with quote

Hi.
have a gig in few days on different country then mine (needs a flight) , and the backline supplier can get PA1000 there, can the PA1000 load pa4x set?
i dont have to have styles as i go with a full band, but i need to load the sound with samples, and performance sets
Tom04

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
no, you have to convert them and after that, I would prefer a deeper check.
I'm owning both devices and initially wanted to program on one device and use the sets on the other, but it didn't work without converting.

Look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTleHEglrfg
mozizo

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
in the manual of the program it mentions there only PA3x and PA4X ,will this work for PA1000 ? (the manual is in a language i dont understand )
hope it works (dont have PA1000 to check unfortunately )

are there any other official korg programs that can do that ? in case it wont work with the linked program
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that simple.

If Sounds are not loaded correctly you could delete all the other inbuilt Sounds.

You would be better creating a specific Songbook, and use the Direct feature to save it to USB stick.

Load the Songbook in the 1000 and make amendments as necessary.

You could also edit the Songbook in the software Songbook Editor
mozizo

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont use song book, so im not sure how to use it for my situation and what it is for. maybe its time to look at it.
can the Direct feature load user samples as well and use them on the spot ?
my set up is very simple for this gig, need some sounds and the performance set using them.
i dont care about the PA1000 writing over its sounds as the supplier can later recover them if he wants probably
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: pa4 to pa1000 Reply with quote

I have both pa4 pa1000..and they both are the same the song book and the styles are 99% the same and the samples and sound transfers with no problem ..and the keyboard set...
and i use the songbook for the computer to do the work..

all my songs , mp3 or midi and text file are on the SD card .. both sd cards are the same ,, this make it easy to update ...
and for styles . the pa4 has one more slot and are call favorite but the pa1000 call it 11 users...
now in the songbook i just change all pa4 favorites to users in one button push . and it all done ...
you just lost one favorite and one factor spot ..

so i have a pa4 inside the pa1000.
ps .. no voice preset change ... i did post for a download of my setup for anyone to use on the pa1000 page ...

always Back Up first ....
midimusa

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject: will korg PA1000 load PA4x set ? Reply with quote

Hi.
At first PA4X had more factory resources than PA1000, so if you will load directly all Set to the PA1000 it maybe can not work. If I understand right you need only sounds (samples too) and performances.
It depends how complex they are and how much memory need the samples.
For example: If you use in Performance Factory sound "Concert Grand Piano" then PA1000 recognizes it, but if you use "Italian Piano" that not exist on PA1000 it will use the sound "AcousticPiano GM".
If you use only sounds based on user samples then the limit is sample memory.
And if you use some effects that are not on PA1000 they will not work.
If you used Maxx effect and load it to PA1000 it will not recognize and the keyboard can freeze.
More specifically i can explain when i see the Set.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:23 am    Post subject: pa4 to pa1000 Reply with quote

all of what you say it true .. and there always a but ..
true pa4 has more factory Resorces ...
but for me I do not use the Italian Piano and it sound great but most people don't the difference and if you are play fast in a mix most people can't tell ..
you would know the difference but most do not ..

as far as the pa1000 , if it can't fine the Italian Piano it will use the acoustricPiano GM again true . but I put there the Concert Grand Piano from the pa1000..and i did not change all the GM sounds just a few ..
on the factory style the pa4 has one more bank (Trad) this is left out on the pa1000,some of the styles from the Trad are mixed in another bank ,, so the styles I want or use i just copy then to the bank with those Trad styles ... I do not use all of those styles..

the sounds in the guitar bank or set on the pa4 might be 30 or 40 or more , guitar sounds . I use just a few .. maybe 10 , those are in my use set the one i go to all the time ... when i am play and go for a guitar sound , i do not want to go page after page after page look for the guitar sound i want to be more efficient ...

Effects on the pa1000 is 2 insert effects; 2 master effects (148 types) ..
on the pa4x
4 Insert Effects; 3 Master Effects (148 Types) ,
still 148 types the same ones ..

Maxx audio ... you are right the pa1000 does not have this ...
and you should not try to load it you will get a error...

HARMONY yes you are right this will not work ...and not load in ..

Samples again your right the pa1000 has less ...
and less samples memory ..

if you have the pa4x loaded full .. it will not fit in the pa1000, all true .. and if you use a full bank of factory piano sounds all 37 of them ,Who use all 37 piano sound , this will not work again .

I did the change for me .. so if the pa4x died on me , i can get up and running with the pa1000 and have all the mp3 and midi and all the style that I use for a show or job..
and yes some of the sounds just ok but I got the job done .. this is why i made my pa1000 in to a baby pa4x .....

some people say the piano sound on the pa4x do not sound as good as the Kronos or yamaha genos or the Nord .. and it might be true , if you want that sound you buy one of those keyboards ..
arranger keyboards I feel are for the most part a one man band ... when I play with a full band i use Kronos or the Nord ,, I do not need drums and bass sound ...
again everyone has driftnet needs...

just my opinion
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Set from your 4X you should be able to load samples until the memory of the 1000 is filled.

The issue is you will really need to load them one by one.

Navigate down inside the Set file until you get to the actual sound you want to load, then load it.

Yes, it will be a pain but it is the only sure fire way I kniw of to reliably load samples.

Korg UK have a webinar on loading samples so search our korgworld.co.uk
mozizo

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys,
hopefully i get some time with the PA1000 before sound check, ill try to load few sounds i need with samples i use and the performance set using them. hope it will work with no issues.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do backup and save all to the 1000 before you load the samples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: