Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opsix vs Volca FM v2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin73

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: Opsix vs Volca FM v2 Reply with quote

I'm trying to decide between the new Volca FM v2 and the Opsix. I only want to use presets as I don't have time to get into sound design. Price is not the main issue and I like that the Volca has warp active step for making poly-rhythms. Can the Opsix do this too? What other factors should influence my decision? I have a Keystep 37 I can use as a controller for the Volca, but could sell that to help cover the cost of the Opsix.

Any input much appreciated.
edgraaff

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we can't decide what influences your decision. It's up to you at the end Smile
I can name a few things that would affect my choice for sure.

- polyphony
- keyboard (albeit only 37 keys, at least they're full size)
- sustain pedal support (is this now supported by Volca FM2?)
- unison (it brings the classic FM synths to life!)
- other waveforms, operator modes, more effects -> results in a much wider variety in patches you'll find

There's no polyrhythm in the sequencer I'm aware of. The sequencer is typical Korg; 16 steps, it can change the order of the steps in some fashionable ways but that's about it.

What's the kinds of sound that you like to have? Which of them gives what you like?[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: