Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AL1 - Disabling Envelope Reset for Legato Playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: AL1 - Disabling Envelope Reset for Legato Playing Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to recreate some simple sounds from my Microkorg and Moog Subsequent 37 in AL1, but was having some problems recreating some of them. After some digging, I realised it was due to the different handling of monophonic legato playing between the instruments.

Both the Microkorg and Moog have the ability to disable envelope resets when playing legato, whilst still allowing the new envelope to sound when playing g a new note. It does this by stating the new note’s EG at the old note’s EG value, which can lead to some nicely expressive playing. For example, the brass synth sound at the end of “Shine on You Crazy Diamond” uses this playing style on a Moog Model D.

On the Microkorg, this option is called “EG Reset” and is available when voice mode is set to “Mono”, trigger mode is set to “Multi” (eg legato).

However, I can’t see how to obtain this well-established effect on the mighty AL1. Setting Mono Legato doesn’t start the EGs again - it just changes the pitch and preserves the EGs of the previous notes. Setting straight Mono causes the EGs to be reset all the time.

Is there a way in AL1 to achieve this? Have a mini voice that, when playing a new note legato, starts a new envelope but starting at the previous value? Surely there has to be!

Thanks!

Lee
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: