Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Onbosrd Help Rendering Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Kronos Onbosrd Help Rendering Issues Reply with quote

Hi all,

One of the features I really like about the Kronos is the extensive online help that can be reached simply by pressing the dedicated "Help" button. Some of you may have noticed that in some point in the past, the onboard help hasn't displayed properly. In particular, ellipses in paramter ranges and some inline graphics didn't display properly, causing things like [0...127] to display as [0127], which makes reading the help challenging.

After some trial and error, I've discovered that this issue seems to occur in versions past 3.0.4. Rolling back to 3.0.4 resolves the issue, at the loss of the (recently?) introduced "Quick Split" function. Personally I have no use for these features and wasn't a big fan of how the new buttons cluttered the UI anyway. I've also discovered that some minor issues I had with screen tearing when rapidly changing some parameters seems better in 3.0.4.

Just wanted to share in case it was irking anyone else.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth reporting this to KORG?
Seems like something they may want to fix that they may not be aware of.

Kind regards
Sharp.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

Great suggestionm but that would invovle me needing to navigate Korg support, which will invariably involve me contact the local Korg distributor in my country, who will refer me back to the retailer, who will pas on my feedback to the Korg distributor in my country, who may or may not then forward it to Korg Japan/California.

Is there an easier way to get a message to Korg about this issue?

Thanks!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe send Dan a PM here on the forums.

He's the head of the entire team behind the KRONOS and the one who wrote the manual in the first place. Smile

Kind regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: