Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to install 2.1.0 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snugsound wrote:
I'm running into the same issue here. Unfortunately, when I try to put the WS into USB boot mode, the updater can't find the device. I also see this in device manager, which looks a bit suspect:

Has anyone else encountered this?

That's what the raspberry pi looks like in USB Boot Mode on Windows, so that's correct as it goes. On Windows, you will probably need to download the driver (not necessary on macOS); this is a good source: https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/compute-module.html

Use Restore Boot Partition from the 2.0.1 Windows installer (not 2.1.0), and then just install 2.1.0 normally.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
snugsound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
That's what the raspberry pi looks like in USB Boot Mode on Windows, so that's correct as it goes. On Windows, you will probably need to download the driver (not necessary on macOS); this is a good source: https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/compute-module.html

Use Restore Boot Partition from the 2.0.1 Windows installer (not 2.1.0), and then just install 2.1.0 normally.

That did the trick, thanks!
levi909

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
snugsound wrote:
I'm running into the same issue here. Unfortunately, when I try to put the WS into USB boot mode, the updater can't find the device. I also see this in device manager, which looks a bit suspect:

Has anyone else encountered this?

I think I'm having the same issue as snugsound was, but I can't find any driver on the page linked above so I'm not sure how to resolve the issue? Am I missing something on that page?
Montyboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. New to the forum & trying to solve the same issue with the Wavestate update. This one is the 2nd of two Wavestates I have just bought (used). I successfully updated one of them from 2.01 to 2.10. Windows 10.

The 2nd one is running 2.0. I cannot get any one of 4 computers (all Windows) to recognize this Wavestate in RNDIS & the driver will not update. It sees it in NCM but running the update produces the message "Version mismatch after installation" as others have cited here. I tried 1.06 & 2.01. No good.

I've attempted to do in Boot Mode & its not recognized in that either. I can see the boot in Device Manager but it had the dreaded yellow triangle (as did the RNDIS). Exploring Dan's link in the post for the boot driver came up with nothing.

Lost hours on this trying every conceivable variation. No cigar. I have followed correct procedure to the letter. Getting desperate. Did any of you in this post end up solving it please.

Many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: