Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Noise with Amplifier or Soundsystem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ymusic

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject: Krome Noise with Amplifier or Soundsystem Reply with quote

Hello!
Does anyone know what the problem with my Krome. It sometimes produces this "ascending whistle" noise when plug into soundsystem (mixer on live stage) or amplifier (as recorded on the video).

I tried changing the TS cable when the noise occured but nothing changed. It does not happen all the time though. Even on same stage a week later, the problem did not occur.

I have no idea what the problem is. The earphone output does not produce the noise.

Thank you for your help. Noise video link below:

https://youtube.com/shorts/5H4USkb5dSM[url]
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems likely that the issue isn't with the Krome itself, but rather with the cable or amplifier, or earthing arrangements. It might even be caused by the cellphone being used to record the linked to clip, since the sound changes characteristic as the camera is moved. It is some sort of interference being picked up by the combination of amplifier, leads (audio and power) and Krome, but not being generated by the Krome itself. Is there an air con or heat pump nearby, with an inverter motor control? Check that the screen contacts on the audio cable jacks are clean. Does the sound change as the cables are moved or wiggled in their sockets?

ymusic

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply,

The noise doesn't change if I switch to other cable. I had suspicion that it had something to do with electricity, because it doesn't matter what the volume knob is at, the noise is there. And if I remember correctly, the noise starts after the keys successfully boot (after the loading screen).

Wiggling cable doesn't do anything. Honestly this puzzles me because it doesn't always produce that noise, even on the same set (different week). In order to turn off the noise, I have to switch off the keyboard, because it does not matter if the soundman mute the channels or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: