Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie needs help with velocity maybe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:53 am    Post subject: Newbie needs help with velocity maybe? Reply with quote

I have the Allan Parson Sirius patch/program thingy. I love it. BUT... When I hit the B key, the bass and power is there. When I hit the G, it is weaker. It does not sound weaker on the video, but believe me, it is weaker live. And the sane with the E key..

I made a video.

https://youtu.be/toYaq67Zg9g

I know I have to do something maybe with velocity, but I do not think that is all.
Any comments/help??

Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Automatic Gain Control on the camera's audio is masking the variation in the levels of the bass synth part played by the different keys, making the arpeggiated part seem louder when the lower two keys are played.

Try using the Program's EQ settings. They're on Edit Page #4 (accessed using the Page button). The EQ tab has Low, Mid and High gain settings, together with a Mid gain Cutoff. Just as a starting point, try setting the Mid Cutoff to something like 320Hz, and then adjust the Low Gain and Mid Gain controls to suit. The graphic on the screen will help to visualise the effects of the controls, and your ears will soon let you know when it sounds right.

Just a thought, if monitors are being used to listen to the sound, could it be that there are room resonance effects or speaker frequency response characteristics at play to give the variation in volume? Speakers of at least 8" tend to be recommended for a half decent bass response. Is the variation in volume present when using decent headphones?

Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to investigate and maybe find a solution. That sound is a Sirius from Kronos 2 pre-Set ?
Alp

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure where the sound comes from, but yes, it is the sirius pattch. It came with a load of other "famous" synth patches which include donna summer's I feel love, Baba o'reiley, pink floyd on the run,....

Thanks
Alp

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip...

the sound is output through a single roland keyboard amp.
Alp

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a roland 550. 180 watts. 15" speaker and a horn tweeter.
It is definately less output from the lower keys. The B key is louder/punchier, the lower notes are weaker in comparison.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: